The Ex-Butler, Introduced

Sebastian's P.O.V

He needed blood, more precisely he needed the blood of a Shinigami.

And he had needed it twenty years ago. He had already delayed this matter at hand for too long and Czarina was not very forgiving. The souls the children had stolen from idle humans were not enough to keep the woman going. She needed more. She needed something stronger.

One would think the life source of a being would be located at the core of its body at the soul but that wasn't so. The life source was found in the blood that coursed through the veins of the being. And not anywhere else. Sebastian had administered several different types of bloods to her, those of demons, of fairies and of ghouls but it didn't work . In fact it seemed to be making her worse. The only thing he hadn't given her was a Shinigami's blood. And this blood would not any plain old Shinigami blood. It had to be the blood of the strongest Shinigami. The best.

And that was Grell.

A soft pang plittered through his unseating heart at his name before he shook his head briefly. He couldn't kill Grell. Sebastian loved him but then he had loved Ciel also. Another pang of pain radiated through his chest, causing his breath to freeze in his throat. He remained this way from several seconds before gasping for the air he hadn't known he needed. He loved them both but he couldn't have both. He realized that too late amidst the flames of the crumbling Phantomhive Manor.

Who else would he have chosen but Grell?

At that moment, Ciel's face pale and moist from the fumes wafting into his lungs appeared in his mind. The young child, with ebony black hair and bright dual blue eyes stared at him.

The child had parted his lips to utter a lone word, soft and weak "Sebastian" but at the same time his deep black eyes flittered over to the glimpse of a red hair within the flames. His body had moved without thought, and while doing so he had temporarily released his hold on the child. He had flung his jacket on the child in a lame, half hearted attempt to keep the flames at bay. He was halfway to Grell when the sound of something creaking and breaking had echoed through the burning house.

Ciel had looked at him under the black of the jacket draped over his head, eyes wide but firm, his hands outstretched towards Sebastian. Sebastian couldn't take his hands though because at the same time, an immobile Grell stared up at the crumbling ceiling, eyes lost in a tormented memory. The butler turned his head, squeeze his eyes shut as half of the post hovering over Ciel fell.

There was no sound. No scream as the the Head of the Phantomhive Manor burned to his death.

The demon hissed at the memory, shaking himself free from its hold and blinked into the present, ignoring the weight on his heart. He felt a numbness tugging at his chest. His new master needed help. She needed his help and he was intent on giving it to her.

However he would not give her Grell. It was the only thing in this world that after all this time he could not part with. He would give her the third best. William T. Sutcliff. He would give her this man even if it would break Grell in the process. After all. There was nothing more than he wanted than to hold the man responsible for picking up what he had once discarded. He wanted to hold this very man and shred him to peices for doing what he could not do. 

Hate crackled at his heart. Yes. He would deliver unto her William for it would be a gift unto him as well.

****

His long claws pulled at the surface of pale, fragile skin. As he did this William's back arched forward and off the wall he had been chained to for the past several days. Blood, a bright, beautiful color trickled from the newly opened wound and Sebastian watched as it slowly slid down the hollow of his back, dissolving into shredded pieces of clothing. Sebastian eyed Williams body which was covered with scars, some healed, some in the process of healing and some freshly cut. All done by his hands.

All except one. Sebastian dragged his hand slowly across the large wound that covered most of his abdomen. The young miss had especially been excited when he had presented William. However though she indeed had slashed away at the Shinigami, she could not digest the blood leaking out of the wound. Though the moment it entered her lips her body radiated before she spat it out. Her stomach was probably raw from all the concoction she had swallowed. Humans really were fragile.

Keep him, the mistress had said, heaving heavy breaths as she looked up at Sebastian from the slits of her eyes. For she too had felt something. Something wonderful.

Sebastian smiled hollowly as one again he dragged his claws along William's body, pressing his claws in deeper as he wondered how many times Grell had raked his own hands over this body. He frowned. William screamed. Sebastian withdrew his hand, blood streaming from his hands as he stared at William who had fallen unconscious from the pain.

He paused, letting his eyes roam the room filled the brim of Czarina's failed experiments. The bodies of dismembered children hung or floated in large containers of liquid. His eyes stopped over the black blood floating within an ocean of green.

"Now can I see Fel?" The boy, Tay had asked him. He watched was as the black blood tried effortlessly to swirl into a limb before dissolving again. It was useless without Czarina to tinker with it. He would have to ask her, after all he had promised the small, quivering child.

Though the child would probably never ever see his sister again.

Pity.

He liked Tay who trembled in his presence. He liked instilling fear into persons. He liked knowing that after his mistress was cured and strong that the new age of the world would commence. And that he would be a part of it.

This, he thought, was a beautiful way to start a story.

--------
Sebastian's thoughts are seen. What are yours? Comment and vote. Tell me what you think, how I can improve etc.
I really want to this to be an awesome story.

-Faith