The Shimegami, The Beginning of the End.

PART TWO: Sorrowful Parting

Story Thus Far: Following the appearance of Sebastian and the supposed 'death' of the woman Felicity, Grell has decided to once more enter the world of the Reapers. He intends to get more information on Sebastian and his whereabouts during the past hundred years or so. During his searching he encounters another weird creation of the child/woman, Czarina. This creation is entitled Taylor, the Original, whom Grell grows fond of. T-O is tasked with observing Grell. Grell is killed by the Undertaker who has decided to take things into his own hands. He was trying to protect T-O, who dies anyways. However, Grell is revived by the Keeper of Time who has also grown frustrated with current events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 They danced upon the rooftops of the old Anglican church which stood erect, unchanging amidst the advent of technology. Cautiously, dull green eyes slid to the left, observing the smaller individual before facing forward.  Reflected within these eyes were the bright lights of England's buzzing nightlife whose sultry symphonies coaxed his eardrums. Slowly, he fluttered his close and listened. Truly, humans were amazing begins. 

"Where are we?" He asked, once again sliding his gaze to petite man who donned the body the late Phantomhive Lord, Ciel. However, he was anything but the young Lord. He was something much sinister.

"London, 50 years into the future," the child chimed with a voice as deep as the ocean. It was only then beautiful dual eyes locked his gaze and Grell had to curl his small hands to keep himself from edging further away from him. The child was truly grotesque with pale patches of pink poorly embedding into pale flesh. The God, Time, had tried to patch up the remains Ciel former beauty but there was so much that had remained. After all...his body had been black, charred by the flames.

Grell swallowed hard as he was engulfed in tidbits of a former memory.

The heat of iridescent flames had scorched the Phantomhive Manor, tainting it's marble walls in a grim ash. What had caused it, he would never know. But what he had known was the warmth of Sebastian's embrace, the pain etched unto his features as he hauled the then reaper and the faint echo of curses.

The butler had left him to die.

And though, it should have pleased him that Sebastian has chosen him. He wasn't. If saving him had brought Sebastian so much pain, he would have rather been engulfed in the wretched flames himself. He loved Sebastian too much to be the source of his pain, his eternal one.

After all-

"Pretty isn't it?" Time boomed, jarring his reminiscence just at the wind enveloped their bodies reminding him of the deed to be done. Numbly, his eyes zeroed in past the glass louvers to latch onto the slender figure perched upon the table tops of the bar. The figure no longer had his long hair obscuring his eyes but neatly pulled back atop his head in a lazy bun. Yet besides the scar marking his porcelain like features, it was easy to tell that the man was none other than the Undertaker.

And he was...smiling.

Grell twitched. How could that man be sitting there...smiling after ramming a scythe through his chest and declaring to take matters 'into his own hands'. Not only that..he had also killed T-O. He was smiling. But at whom?

This wasn't one of his insincere, taunting smiles...it was genuine. 

Now who could evoke such an expression from the devil himself?

Grell frowned.

Oh, he mused before shifting his gaze to land on young human man with soft dark brown hair and bright amber orbs. He was seated before the Undertaker, a gentle expression crossing his features as he used his just as slender hands to demonstrate something. 

He thought that the Undertaker's lover had died ages ago.

"I thought souls couldn't be reincarnated," Grell murmured to Time before looking down at his small hands.Grell currently donned the figure of young teenage boy with shoulder length hair and bright green eyes. He still looked like himself. Well kinda.

"Well..." Time mused, following the former reaper's gaze. "It's complicated," he said, his own eyes narrowing on the hazel eyed man. "Souls who have not completed their purpose or have strong desires to live are sometimes reincarnated or remain on the earth as ghouls," he hummed softly before curling his hands around the dagger located at his hip.

Grell pursed his lips, considering this. So there was love after death. 

"Oh well," Time shrugged as he withdrew the silver blade. "There's a reason why life is so short," he hummed numbly as he extended to the pub. Grell swallowed, a tinge of remorse filling his veins. 

"Must we do this?" He asked uncertainly, he inwardly disliked the thought of senseless violence. Well when he was sane at least. 

Time paused, turning to face the apprehensive man. 

Yes, his voice echoed within Grell's mind. He killed T-O remember?  He reminded Grell gently. It was strange. Time had no real need to convince the older man yet somehow, it had been so long since he had a companion. And besides, it would be fun killing the pesky Grim Reaper.

The Undertaker had ruined the grand scheme of things, prolonging the disaster 50 years more when he killed Grell.

Besides.

Time just really, really hated the Undertaker.

Grell hummed a response before slowly nodding his head. Vaguely, he remembered the bright eyed child who had so inextricably intertwined his existence into his own.He gritted his teeth. For T-O.

And then, like avenging angels...they descended unto the ground with demon-like footsteps, 

_________

Hiiiii,

I'm deleting the last chapter, The Beginning of the End, because I didn't like how it started off the second part of this story. So here's a new and improved beginning.

Give it a read and tell me what you think.

Sorry for the lack of updates -.- I'll go hide in my corner now-

Also. Should I design a new/ original cover for this book? And If so, who'd you like to see on it most?

-Faith.