Recuperating

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY. If I did I would have Winter and Yang fight to see who is the best big sister.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

(Y/N)'s POV

Slowly I open my eyes and find myself in a soft bed. Other than a throbbing pain in my head I would appear to be in decent condition all things considered. Focus (Y/N)! You are in an unfamiliar place. You need to check your surroundings and gauge your options. With great effort, I sit up and look around my current room. Okay, the bed rest is against the middle of the back wall. Gives me a direct view of the door. Luckily the one window in the room is to my left so no worrying about my back. Given the light coming in and the looks of the sky outside it is early morning. Going back to the room I notice two chairs in the room. One in the right corner by the door and one next to my bed. Good seeing as my weapon appears to be missing I will need to grab something to defend myself. I try to move my right arm and feel some resistance. Looking at my arm I see some IVs that are linking me to two bags on a stand. One contains a red liquid has some large letters on it. Looks like I needed some blood from that little problem with the bullhead. The other looks to be a painkiller or sedative so my movements may be sluggish. At least I can use the IV stand instead as a weapon instead of the chair. Looking back around the room I see a stand opposite the window with my clothes on top. Before I can get up, however, the door opens. Instinctively I reach for the IV stand and like I thought my movements are slower than normal. The door is fully open and the person walks in by the time I am trying to lift the IV stand. A gruff voice then sounds off.

"Whoa, there smart alec no need to be hostile." Standing in the doorway is the same raven-haired, red-eyed huntsmen from earlier. Next to him is a startled nurse in a pink uniform. "If I wanted you dead, then you wouldn't be here, so put the stand down before you scare the lady anymore then you already have." After a moment's hesitation, I place the stand back down. "Good now the nurse here is going to check your vitals. I hope I can trust you not to harm her." I clear my throat before responding.

"Alright." I wasn't expecting that sound. I must not have drank anything since the crash. Nevertheless, the nurse and the huntsman seem to be pleased with my response and both set out to opposite sides of my bed. The nurse moves to side with the stand and some machines and the hunter to the side with the chair that he lazily plops right down in. We wait in silence while the nurse does her job. Once done she bows and leaves the room. Once the door is closed my companion stretches out in his chair and he then pulls out a flask and takes a drink. Just then I notice the smell of alcohol has taken over the room. "Are you drinking alcohol?" He smiles at me.

"Yup."

"In what I presume is a hospital?"

"You're two for two, smartass." I am taken back by this.

"Smartass? I thought I was smart alec?" He chuckles and takes another swig of his flask. He takes a satisfying breath before continuing.

"Well yeah, that's what you called yourself before, so you're stuck with the name."

"I just got out of a bullhead crash and just got shot. Oh, and I also had a metal pole lodged in my abdomen at the time." He laughs.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about the pole. You still got to apologize to it." I roll my eyes at that.

"But why did you call me smart alec before?" He looks down solemnly.

"Hehe, when I was younger I had a teammate who hated it when I cursed like that, so with anyone who reminds me of her I just fall back into my old habits." I nod my head.