6

zayn was a nervous reck.

it was the day of his and liams date. and yeah liam did say it was a friendly thing to get to know eaachother but what if it becomes more or what if hes under dressed or over dressed. zayn let out a frustrated groan tugging at his long outgrown hair. he did need a haircut.

from liam: hey zaynie ill be there in about 20 minutes

zayn saw the lock screen of his phone say the text.

just casual zayn thought. he typed a quick ok before pulling out a simple t shirt and a pair of jeans. slipping them on before styling his hair into its casual quiff.he put on a small spritz of cologne and brushed his teeth before rushing his shoes and put his phone on the charger. about 15 minutes later the doorbell rang and zayn quicky grabbed his phone and headphones before going to open the door. there stood liam in an old tattered sweatshirt that probably looked like the most comfortable thing in the world and some jeans.

zayn smiled "hey" he muttered. "hey zaynie boy lets go" liam grinned grabbing the boy and they began to walk. " i thought we could walk ya know get a good look at nature yeah?" liam smiled as zayn nodded. they walked for a while around the park where they ended up getting a small snack and talking. zayn was enjoying himself despite his worries of the whole being mated thing. 

it was about 6  and liam thought it was the perfect time to show zayn his surprise. " i have something to show you zayn" liam said taking the boys hand and guiding him out to a large area that had trees littered around. it wasnt much but to liam it meant a lot.

"i know its just land but" liam sat down motioning zayn to sit down too, which he did " i like to run here. it reminds me back at wolverhampton where i could run everywhere. i guess its just too... i dont know city here and this place relaxes me" liam sighed admiring the land. and zayn gave liam a genuine smile.

"do u just run around?" zayn asked 

"well theres a lake down there i like to swim there and theres lots of animals around i like to hunt. ive never really experienced all these businesses and all the lights and roads and you get it right? its just such a large shift and i dont know its just relaxing to run around and stuff" liam smiled

"liam i get that your going through a lot and that this is stressful and im not ready for this whole mate thing yet but we are mates and one day im going to have to own up to that and with that i realize that your problems are mine whether i get them or not and im glad you have this relief and that you already feel comfortable enough with me to show this to me. thank you" zayn said softly giving liam a half hearted hug.

"were gonna make a great couple" liam grins causing zayn to let out a small giggle. and if you asked liam whats the most beautiful sound you've ever heard that giggle right there will always be his response