5:59 a.m.

[ TWENTY-EIGHT ]

DESCENDING THE flights of stairs caused irritation to strike up on jimin's soft feautures.

he mentally cursed himself for choosing an apartment so high-leveled, especially when he had the option to claim one that was located on the very bottom of the slightly decrepit building.

fearlessly leaping off the remaining four steps, jimin finally makes it to ground level.

his breath is heavily coated with eagerness and incredulousness. he can detect the evident warmness residing on his cheeks, thankful for the contrast of the chilling weather.

he frantically surveys the uncanny environment. large, transparent clouds construct before him, due to his worried breaths, gravitating his focus occasionally from the sole purpose of leaving his home.

"t-taehyung?" jimin tries, his voice soft like honey but determination fierce.

"taehyung? are you there?" abandoning the foolish idea of courtesy, he hollers out louder, voice able to project much further granted the consult of his trembling hands.

with no expectant reply, he starts towards the darkness. he travels aimlessly through the lightening atmosphere, unsure of where the said boy could be awaiting.

so many thoughts littered jimin's mind as he lingered on the pavement. what if this is fake? what if he's lying—about his identity and all of this? no, he sent me a picture of himself, there's no way he co—

subtle footsteps sounding from somewhere unknown pull jimin back from his internal argument with himself. alert, he ceases all movement and extracts his attention, placing it solely on finding the source of the footsteps.

he hushes his quivering breath to preserve the silent air, though his heart seemed to say otherwise. he felt like the hammering his heart was resounding could be heard from miles.

the sound of footsteps arise once more, jimin vaguely aware of the direction is came from this time. he cautiously strides to the sound.

the sudden, alarming flicker of light from the lamppost startles jimin, causing the boy to squeak in shock. he hadn't spared the time a glance at all, and wasn't sure if it was already time for the lights to be activated. didn't give it much thought, though.

one by one, the illuminating orbs that provided a warm, murky light switched on, casting dim rays upon the still, vacant lot. jimin's drooped eyes follow the order of which the lamppost initiated, soon landing on the last one yet to be switched on.

all the air gets viciously sucked from his lungs when the light shines on a particular figure; it possessed a human like body, and jimin could obscurely distinguish the hazy outlines of limbs that made up the figure.

he begins to run.

his mind strongly opposed, but his heart encouraged the deprived boy. he continues his sprint, resolute on receiving the presence he's been yearning for all night—morning.

jimin finally halts a considerable distance from the strange being, undoubtedly not dismissing the aspect of precaution that obnoxiously flashed in his mind.

with a small lift of his head accompanied with a soft gasp, jimin's eyes double in size as he brings his hands shakily to his parted lips.

"taehyung?"