6:13 a.m.

[ THIRTY-ONE ]

"SHIT, I almost forgot!" jimin's slumber is rudely disturbed by taehyung's blaring voice.

he releases a breathy yawn and relieves the straining in his eyes by rubbing them gently.

"what happened? what did you for—"

"i'll explain once we get there!"

with unnecessary tremendous force, jimin is being hauled up from the ground and being roughly dragged by taehyung. he lazily trails behind the younger, positive that whatever taehyung wanted to show him couldn't be more crucial than his sleep.

as the two variously driven boys bound across the land, their hands stay protectively locked together. jimin could detect droplets of sweat accumulating between the near nonexistent space between their clasps hands, but dismissed the discomfort.

he simply enjoyed the scenery that rolled by them like a film, noting the dead grass and shivering, naked trees. the wind sneakily ran its airy fingers through his unkempt locks, providing relative relief and contentment.

the chilling air mockingly intruded his cheeks' privacy, nipping at the visible skin with the intent to remind the older of how flustered he still was with the fact that his hands were connected with taehyung's.

"j-jimin . . . we're h-here." with a distress sigh hidden amongst the heavy pants, taehyung loosens his painfully tight grasp on jimin's innocent hand.

the older replies with nothing more than reciprocating pants and a blank stare.

"taehyung, why are we at a beach in the middle of december?"

"why wouldn't we be at one? besides, we're not going to swim, silly. we are going to watch the sunrise together."

warm, brown eyes playfully glinting with mischief and excitement, the younger leads jimin to an area near the shore.

as they settle on a patch of hardening sand, jimin glances up at the transforming sky.

the blank canvas had been generously painted; vibrant colors had been applied to the awakened sky, the entirety of all of it overwhelming jimin a little with its entrancing beauty. it radiates a spectacular glow, the golden rays of the sun amplifying the hues of the sky fully. oranges, yellows, velvety purples, and precious pinks is all it takes for jimin to be completely amazed.

"pretty, isn't it?" jimin finds himself absentmindedly nodding.

"it's pretty because you're with me." releasing a heart-warming laugh, taehyung jokingly slaps the elder's thighs—which he hadn't noticed till now how large and muscular they were.

"who knew you could be so flirty in real life?"

"was i not flirty through texts?"

"definitely not. you didn't even want to speak to me in the first place, remember?"

jimin did remember, and he didn't want to. if he had stuck with his determination on abandoning this stranger, there would be no way he'd be lying on a beach in the middle of december, cuddling with someone he'd pathetically fallen in love with all by a simple hello.

"hey, do you want to know something?" jimin shifts his attention to taehyung.

"what?"

"i think i love you."

startled by the sudden confession, jimin begins to rise from the latter's shoulder when he gets blocked by a pair of slightly chapped, rosy-colored lips connecting with his.

jimin is hesitant at first, but nothing could tear away the fact that his lover was kissing him. willingly, he returns the affectionate gesture passionately.

as their mouths skillfully work together, jimin senses arms being snaked around his waist, pulling him closer to the younger. he rakes his fingers through taehyung's delicate locks, acknowledging how soft the male's hair was.

taehyung lightly tugs on jimin's lower lip, causing the boy to release a contented sigh built up of pure, euphoriant bliss.

as the sun continues to ascend into the peek of the newborn sky, so does the hearts and the love of the two boys for each other.

THE END.