EIGHT - The Way Things Were

A/N: Chapter 8 is up! Nothing too violent here. lol

Cast:

OC - Diana Ellwood Rutherford
Dr. Isaac Skovgaard - Mads Mikkelsen

Additional Cast:

Rafa Skovgaard - Mikael Persbrandt
Lucas Breckenridge - Martin Freeman
Thomas Harrington - Tom Hiddleston
Ben - Benedict Cumberbatch

EIGHT  The Way Things Were

Upon seeing their condition, the hospital staff immediately brought Diana and Tom to the A&E section to tend to their wounds. Tom received a badly swollen cheek and a bloody nose, whilst and Diana got her lips bloody, and her cheeks began to turn purplish dark.

The doctor looked at them both suspiciously, thinking of whether this was a case of domestic violence so that he could immediately report it to the police.

However, before the doctor could ask, Tom finally said something."She's not my girlfriend.... if that's what you're thinking."

The doctor eyes him suspiciously, before turning to Diana.

"No... he's not my boyfriend, he's the guy who saved me actually..." she said weakly.

The doctor, finally convinced, said "If that's the case, we still have to report this incident. This is mandatory for me..."

"No please.... you're just going to make things worse doctor..." she said worriedly.

"Diana, if you do not report this, that man will continue to come after you... We could file a restraining order to protect you!" Tom said, concern for her was palpable in his words.

"You're a lawyer Tom! out of all people, you should know that when this is reported, it gets worst! Filing a restraining order won't help, you're just putting fuel to the fire...."

The doctor and Tom looked at each other and both nodded in agreement. They know she had a point, but then to the both of them, reporting a case of domestic violence is mandatory.

"Do what you have to do..." Tom said softly, giving him a knowing gaze before he left the room.

Diana took out her compact mirror from her clutch bag and opened it. She examined the bruise on her face, as it was starting to turn yellow and purplish. The one on her lip was worst, she would probably have a hard time covering that part.

"So what's up with you and Pearson?" he began, referring to Jesse.

She sighed in resignation, she knew that this topic was unavoidable. "It's nothing, Tom..."

"Nothing? Punching me and the face, and him hitting you does not look like 'nothing'"

"It's none of your business Tom..." she said curtly.

"It is my business now, as I am dragged into this..." he stated firmly.

She hesitated for a moment.

"I won't judge you, forgive me for pursuing the matter, you don't have to tell if it's uncomfortable." he said, finally realising that him being insistent was not good for Diana.

"He was my ex... we broke up a few months back." she said timidly.

"Good, because you don't deserve that son of a bitch..." he said. Though Tom is a womaniser, at least he was mostly upfront with intentions and had never led women on, nor hurt them physically.