FOURTEEN - A Long Day

A/N: Chapter 14 is up! Some revelations, arguments, and potential rivalries. Sorry for the late update, by the way, was busy with work (TT___TT). I'll try to update a little more faster. It was the picture with the blue shirt that inspired this. LOL!

FOURTEEN

A Long Day...

The ride to the central business district was a quiet one. There was anger and tension between the father and daughter, that Niles had a hard time concentrating on driving. Should he say something to lighten the mood, and break the silence? or should he just keep quiet and mind his own business?

"You live with a man? Do you know what that makes you look like?!" Francis began, finally breaking the silence that was inside the car.

Diana chuckled to herself, knowing where this was going. "What is your point father?" she uttered nonchalantly, as she checked her nails. Francis brows furrowed with his daughter's reaction. Any parent would get pissed if their children refused to listen.

"My point is... why do you live with Dr. Skovgaard?!"

Her mouth curved into a wry grin. Pissing her father off, was a habit of hers, ever since she was young. Especially when he often jumped to conclusions. "Because he is my landlord father... I see nothing wrong with that, as I pay rent and all... so what is it to you?!" she put it simply.

"You-!" Francis tried to calm himself down. He didn't want to hurt his daughter again, emotionally. "My point is! I'm sure you could find or afford a place elsewhere! Out of so many people, why do you have to live with that man? It doesn't make you look like his tenant! You look more like his young lover!" her father exclaimed.

Diana threw head back laughing, catching her father off-guard as she mused.

'Lover', it would have been nice if I actually am....

She didn't answer back which surprised Francis. Instead, she smiled to herself, which kind of scared him.

"Oh my gosh, don't tell me that you're actually in love with that man?!!" he exclaimed. His daughter's smile just heightened his suspicions.

But before Diana could answer back, the car had already stopped in front of her building. Which prompted her to alight.

"My Lady, we are here..." Niles announced.

"No! she's not going to work, until -" but before Francis could continue, Diana had already alighted out of the car. "What the hell, Diana!!"

Diana turned around to face her father. "What?!"

"You come back here this instant! I am not done talking to you! and you haven't had your breakfast!!" he said, reminding her that he had invited her to breakfast.

"Well, father... you see, I have work to do... I need to be able to pay rent, and buy my necessities. If not, I will starve..."

"What are you talking about? you're my daughter, why do you sound as if you're destitute?! and didn't you grandparents leave you anything?!! what is wrong with you?!"

"You see... Da..." she began. " I never once touched it..." she said. "I always earned my own keep..."

"Wh-Whaat?!!" he said, a little taken aback with his daughter's defiance. It was making him feel like a horrible parent that he actually is. He might have been a bad father in the past, but he always made sure, his daughter was well taken care of, whether it be material or financially.

"And one more thing..." her mouth turned into a crooked smile. "Yes, father... I am in love with Dr. Isaac Skovgaard..." she said, and quickly turned around heading towards the sliding doors of her building. But not without taking a quick glance at her father's fuming expression.