Chapter Eight: yes.

• Avery

I didn't know what I felt; all I could hear was the beating of my heart. I was shocked and i froze as he pressed his lips into mine just to shut me up. The one thing I regretted the most is that I kissed him back. We parted away from kissing and he had a huge smirk an his face.

"What?" I said raising one eyebrow up. God, this is so awkward.

"You kissed back." Blake said with a smile on his face.

I don't want to lie, that was really cute. Blake smiling? No way, that's like seeing a blue moon; it rarely happens and from rumors, I heard that he's cold hearted as fuck. I guess, some rumors aren't real after all. I guess Blake has a heart behind his bad boy facade.

I could help but blush at what he said yet I tried to cover it up with my attitude. "So?" I asked.

"That means you like me."

"It doesn't mean that kissing back means liking you, you're still a jerk." I said.

Blake just laughed as we walked towards his car. He seems so happy about me kissing back because he couldn't really drop the topic. All his blabbers made him seem like a girl, I couldn't help but chuckle about his secret immaturity. Buy no, not happy but I think shocked is the term for that.

"Can you please drop it already, Blake." I said feeling embarrassed because he wouldn't stop blabbering about it.

"Can't princess." He said, flashing his pearly white teeth at me. God, that was adorable— and that's the last thing I'll ever say to him.

It's been 5 minutes in the car yet we havent said anything. Blake just seemed to be very focused on the street but every once in a while, he looks after me. I can't seem to deny that was a kinda sweet gesture. Avery, stop. You are not falling for him.

"Is it still far away?" I asked to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah maybe 15 minutes."

"Oh hey, what about we play a game?" I ask just because I don't like dead airs or awkward silence.

"What game?"

"21 questions."

"Cliché. Whatever, sure. I mean, we haven't really get to know each other that well. You ask first." He said

"What's your favorite color?"

"Black." Typical. "What's your favorite song?"

"I Miss You by Blink-182."

"Really? I love that song too, it's also my favorite actually." He said.

"Guess we're on the same page, bad boy." I said with a chuckle.

"I guess we're meant to be, princess." I just rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Okay next question, what's your favorite food?"

"Seriously? These questions are getting boring. But I do love spaghetti."

Spaghetti and the bad boy? Pretty interesting, I thought his favorite food would be some 5 star shit that I couldn't even pronounce.