unknown number

It had been two hours. Two hours since he received the text, one hour and 38 minutes since he replied. After doing the dishes, Harry aimlessly paced around his room, checking his phone every five minutes. It is quite simple to respond to the question "who is this?" Why didn't he just answer? 

After intensely examining a stain on his white shirt, Harry finally heard the familiar buzz of his phone. He almost dropped his phone while picking it up, resulting in him grabbing his shirt with his sweaty hands,trying to make his hands less slippery. 

His eyes had to read the text twice in order for him to process what the unknown number said. 

unknown number: Don't act like you don't know who I am. You broke my heart. Changing your number doesn't help you undo what you did, Chase. I might be a girl, and I might be small and fragile, but that does not mean I can make your life a living hell. Admit to everyone you cheated and I will leave you alone. 

So it wasn't a guy after all, Harry thought. He wanted to slap himself for immediately stereotyping the unknown person. Of course it could be a girl. But, who was it? 

to unknown number: I'm sorry, my name isn't Chase. Wish I could help you and all, but I can't. Maybe just contact him over social media? unless you're like eighty, then of course you won't be able to contact him, because you probably don't have Facebook. Do eighty-year-olds even get cheated on? I don't know. The point I'm trying to make is: he seems like a dickhead. Can I help you with something? Harry.

After hesitantly pressing send, Harry took his time to go over the details. "So some guy named Chase broke unknown number's heart. Unknown number is a girl, probably my age. Possibly violent, possibly a murderer, but may be kind of nice," He mumbled, lost in thought.

unknown number: Well Harry, you sure did make me laugh. I believe you, Chase wouldn't send a text message without any grammar mistakes anyway. And to answer your question; no, I am not eighty. I'm going to be twenty in May. What about you? Hope you're not a pervert. Ava x