waiting

As Ava dived her hand in her small jean-pocket, she signed for what she felt like the trillionth time. Her phone screen read 06:24 PM and she knew her bus, which supposedly would have arrived at 05:56 PM, would not come. She decided to walk home. As she stood up, the boy next to her moved as well. "You going to walk home?" He asked. She could detect a Cheshire accent, and as her eyes met his, her already pink cheeks showed the colour red. He is handsome, she thought, as she nodded slowly. "Let's walk together then, this isn't a nice neighbourhood."

Side by side they strode along the pavements. She did not know what to say, so she listened to his soft murmur as he sang Chasing Pavements quietly.

"If I tell the world

I'll never say enough

Cause it was not said to you"

She knew the words by heart but never heard this version before, so soft and delicate, barely audible over the boisterous road next to them. As he sang the last couple of words a minute or two later, she raised her hands and clapped, leaving a hollow sound between them. He smiled and thanked her. "Do you know the song?" He asked, briefly skimming over her high-waisted black jeans, Her blackish bra peeping just above her white low cut tshirt. She covered up her scars by wearing a black  hoodie and a darkish winter coat, he later discovered, and her nails were carefully painted red. Her face consisted of two deepened grey coloured eyes, one slightly lighter than the other, a mouth, slightly dry and pink, and a nose, slightly crooked but in an adorable way. A few freckles sprawled alongside her round cheeks. He liked how her fluffy hair got tangled in her messy bun, and how her eyelashes touched the edge of her cheeks.

They walked alongside for a few minutes until she mustered up the courage to talk to him. "What is your name?" She asked, barely audible.

"Call me prince Harry", he joked, and she suddenly gasped for air.

-

More to come, I've been busy to be honest, but I'm ready to write more now that I dropped out of uni haha. Love you all, as much as ever x