demanding

they didn't speak for two months after that. 

Every time she saw him walking down the hall, she saw the blush on his cheeks fade a little more. His appearance slowly started to change. The skin around his knuckles tightened, his eyebrows, once lifted in a cocky way, expressing disinterest, lay low on his face, hiding his eyes. His arms, once defined by his muscles, now felt cold and stiff when she accidentally touched him. He looked pale, lifeless even. The only thing that remained the same were his clothes. Winter lasted longer than expected, and in February, he still wore his black leather jacket over several layers of clothes whilst everyone else felt the need to take out their rusty old wintercoats from their mother's cabinet one last time. Ava never really liked wearing a lot of clothes, so it comes as no surprise that on the day they spoke again, she wore her infamous ripped black jeans and had just died her hair dark pink to match with her t-shirt (or was it the other way around?). She had just been to the hairdressers to get her braids out and she loved the way her natural hair fell, slightly curved to the right. 

They met again at 8 pm in the middle of February. Since Ava moved in with Chase, she changed busstations. Normally, she would take her new bus 153 to Skelhorne street, where they now lived. But Chase had kicked her out again, and now she had to take her old bus 274 to Ridley Road, where her old apartment was. It had been a week since she even thought of him, but when she walked up to the busstop, she immediately recognised him. He sat with his head in his hands, crouched over and hunched down, on one of the ochre coloured seats. He didn't look up when she sat next to him, but he remembered seeing those black Clarks and connected the dots.  She didn't know what to say to him. She could tell that he had been crying. What if he didn't want to talk to her? What if he yelled at her? She slowly took out her phone and began typing. 

are you okay?

His fingers slightly parted as he read her name on his screen. Was he?  he thought, desperately trying not to look up and hold back his tears. The last two months he had been drinking like a madmen, he had slept with numerous girls he could not even remember. He knew he wasn't okay, but sometimes it is hard to admit it to yourself and say it out loud. 

Far from.

She felt her heart skip a beat as she heard the familiar tune of her phone, telling her she received a text. As she read his response, she felt the burning desire to hug him. And so she did, right there, inside their little shelter called 'bus stop 274'. And as his tears fell down her dark pink shirt, the start of a beautiful friendship arose. 

as you can see, the beautiful Amandla Stenberg plays Ava. you might recognise her from the hunger games as Rue. I found her on coincidence but I think she perfectly fits Ava, especially because her name means 'power' in Zulu. not edited, as always.