Chapter 5

Chapter Five

Persais POV

I was facedown on the ground with a huge brute on top of me. The fact that my body was tingling and warming up in places I didn’t want to mention was angering me beyond believe.

“That’s none of your damned business,” I spat.

He began laughing I could feel the vibrations of his laugh in my back. Instead of replying he started feeling my body for any weapons I might be carrying. I felt him tense, his hand was over the sword at my side, luckily it wasn’t my only weapon.

“What do ye have here?” he asked as he removed the sword from my waist.

I grunted in reply. I needed to think of something and fast. Before I knew it I was on my back with my hands gripped above my head. His eyes caught me off guard. Blue, a see blue, the color of the sea before a storm, I had seen eyes like that before. Again I felt the tingling but ignored it. He was handsome id give him that, built like an ox with strong prominent features. A strong chin and high cheekbones with an angular nose. He looked like a god with his light hair and blue eyes. His Norse decent was clearly visible.

Mmmm he smelt of the ocean and was surprisingly clean. He was still tense so I brought my eyes back to his.

Recognition was clear on his face.

“you’re her.” he whispered.

What? I’m her? There was no way this man recognized me. I kept my identity a secret at all cost. While out of the keep I only answered to Heather. During raids or battles I was always kept my face hidden under my helm. How could he recognize me?

“Who?” I asked, still deciding my next plan of action.

He wrinkled his brow, before answering we heard someone approach.

The man looked up to see who was coming and I wasted no time during his distraction. I brought my knee up against his groin hard, He cursed and rolled off me. The footsteps were getting closer I didn’t have much time. No doubt they were his men, he was too well dressed to be a rouge. I jumped to my feet held my hands in a fist and slammed them down on his head. He cursed again but didn’t pass out as I had intended. I had plenty of knives on me, I could kill him now and be gone but something stayed my hand.

Instead I turned and ran.

“After her Balfour! Don’t let her get away!”

So that’s what it was going to be, another chase. I was to tired for this I still hadn’t slept. I picked up my pace anyway, I just needed to get far enough away and hide. I had a good start on my pursuer but I could still hear him behind me.

Luck it seemed was clearly not on my side when my foot caught and again I hit the ground. I groaned, leaving was looking more and more like a bad idea. Suddenly there was a blinding pain in the back of my head before everything went black.

Slowly as I began to come to I noticed I was in someone’s arms, strong arms. His sent hit me first; land and the sea. Him.

*** I’m staying up late tonight to write! Hope yall are enjoying the story. I know Persais sounds immature right now but take into account she is young. She is determined to prove herself to her family, its like an obsession. She wants to be accepted.

Vote/comment! Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas of how you would like this story to go. I will do my best to work it in :)