Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Tormands POV

Tormand didn’t know what to make of the small woman in his arms. She had a lot of spirit that’s for sure. He knew she was the girl from the stables all those years ago but could she be Persais MacGuin? She didn’t seem like a killer, and just as before she said her name was Heather.

Tormand knew she didn’t like the fact that he was a MacLeod, that confused him but he guessed she must be a MacGuin. But the lairds daughter? Looking down at her sleeping face it was believable. She did have the MacGuin look. He leaned down to smell her hair again; lavender. He smiled and tightened his hold. She was a fiery lass and he liked that about her. The attack against the MacGuins would have to wait another day. He planned to take her back to the keep and question her, possibly with some luck she would be noble. He felt bad for planning on ransoming her but she would not be mistreated. As before she was dressed as a lad, but the clothes were much finer than a villager she had to of come from the keep. But why had she been crying?

“what do ye plan on doing with the lass?” Balfour his first in command asked.

Looking down at her he shook his head, “ I dinna kin yet. I’m still not quite sure of who she is.”

Balfour frowned, “the weapons we pulled from her are expensive, either she stole them or she’s a lady…..or a whore.”

“a whore? Nay look at her, she smells to clean to be a whore” Tor said. He didn’t like Balfours assumptions. Tormand wanted her, but he didn’t want her to be a whore. Though if she was noble he wouldn’t touch her, it could be all she has to offer a husband and Tor wouldn’t take that from her.

“What about the MacGuins?”

Looking over again at Balfour, Tormand responded coldly, “don't worry, those bastards will get what they deserve.”

Nodding in approval Balfour ended the conversation. They were almost to MacLeod land.

As soon as they rode through the gates of the keep, Lagan began making his way towards them. Seeing the girl in his brothers arms he gave Tormand a confused look. “Who’s this?” he asked.

“a girl,” Tor responded, angering his brother with his short tone. Tor was still upset with what had happened at the trading post and wasn’t ready to forgive his young brother yet. Getting closer Lagan recognized her at once. “Tis her!” Lagan yelled angrily. “the little bitch who drew her sword!”

Shit. Tor had hoped it wasn’t her, he’d have to lock her up now. She had stirred at Lagans tone and now was staring at him with wide eyes. Lagan drew his sword. Holding her tighter he warned, “put it away Lagan! NOW!”. Before he knew it the little minx had drawn his sword and bounded off his horse. She stood ready to fight. Did she think she could take on his entire clan?

Tor was furious. Lagan ignored his command and attacked the girl anyway. Looking to Balfour he demanded, “Sword!” handing over his sword Tor took it and went to intervene. Surprisingly she was good. Lagan wasn’t holding back either. Furious that his brother had disobeyed him Tormand brought the butt of his sword down onto Lagans head, when he turned Tor punched him square in the nose. As Lagan fell Persais didn’t hesitate to then come at Tor. Cursing he braced to defend himself against her sword. He didn’t want to hurt her so he stayed on the defensive blocking her attacks, testing her strength and skill. She really was good for a lass. Not nearly a fair opponent to Tor, but he took note of her skill. Deciding he’d had enough, Tor blocked her swing and took her down to the ground.

Persais cursed she had known he was toying her but she had no other choice but to fight. She was now in the wolves den with Tormand MacLeod once again on top of her.

“Don’t move lass. that’s your only warning, I dinna wish to hurt you,” he said.

Breathing heavily Persais pushed on his chest, “ oh just get off me!”

Her wiggling under him was really not such a great idea. She felt him harden against her thigh and froze. Looking to his face Tor smirked, “Well lass what will it be? Are you going to stop moving… or do you wish to take this elsewhere?” he whispered huskily in her ear.

Persais blushed to her toes. HOW DARE HE! Persais slammed her forehead into his nose causing them both to curse.

“ENOUGH!!” restraining her he got to his feet his men stood around with amused expressions on their faces. Except Lagan he looked ready to kill.

“Balfour, Ian.” he said, “lock her up in the east tower.”

Handing her over he walked to his brother. Lagan kept his eyes downcast.

Tor would not be disrespected and his brother knew that.

“Do you wish to explain yourself?”

“Why did you bring her here?”

“I dinna kin she was the woman leader you spoke of until you recognized her. We found her a few miles from the MacGuin keep.”

“I’m sorry Tormand. I lost my temper, it wont happen again.”

“Lagan,” Tor began, “ I will not tolerate disobedience. Do you wish to challenge me?” he asked through clenched teeth.

Lagan appeared surprised by his words. “Nay!” as Tor relaxed, Lagan continued, “T’was just surprised to see her is all. I would never question your position as chief.”

Tor nodded. “Good,” lowering his voice he said, “ don’t ever do it again.”

****

Vote/Comment! come on people give the Vote button some love and let me know what you think. i know its coming along slow but ive changed alot from my original plan. things are about to heat up so again be patient and keep reading!!

****