hidden feelings.

Request: Can you write a Nate imagine where him and Y/N "hate" each other, and they get in a big fight, where they end up confessing their love?

Nate Maloley is one big, good-for-nothing scumbag asshole. At first I thought it was a petty rivalry between us, but I've realized he is literally out to get me. The thing is, I don't actually hate him. I might do things to piss him off or get a reaction, but I've never meant it. He, however, seemed to make it a goal of his to make my life a living hell.

Nate and I met in kindergarten. Unsurprisingly, we didn't get along from the start. He stole my toys and pushed me and my friends around. As we grew up, my insignificant hatred for him sort of let up since I didn't exactly have a legitimate reason to hate him anymore. But now that we're becoming young adults – or supposed to be – it has resurfaced and is growing by the day. My mom thinks it's cute. I, however, can't stand it. I've just got a love/hate relationship with him. See, my problem is that I may have caught feelings for this boy somewhere in the midst of this war. He's a complete asshole, but I guess my heart hasn't gotten the memo. The feelings started to develop around last year when he gave me a ride home and took care of me after I was stranded in the rain. I'll always remember that night; it was nice, I admit. He was nice for once. But of course, the very next day it was back to the usual. Nothing of the sort has happened since then, but my feelings continue to develop.

Not one soul knew anything about these feelings, and no one could ever know. Nate had enough over me; I didn't need him to have yet another reason to tease me. So of course, I had to pretend that I hated him too, just to erase any suspicion. I honestly tried to push these feelings away, but it's sort of hard to if I see the guy every damn day. To make matters worse, our mothers have organized a "neighbor dinner." Since when were our parents close? So now I've got to dress up in fancy clothes and act civilized with the one person I can't get along with.

Hearing the doorbell, I groaned and rolled my eyes. Maybe I should fake being sick. Oh, but I just spent an hour trying to look presentable enough so that Nate wouldn't have anything negative to say about my appearance.

"Y/N! The Maloleys are here!" My mom called. With a heavy sigh, I adjusted my dress before reluctantly heading downstairs. "Smile, dear, your future boyfriend is out there." Mom teased.

"Mom! Shut up." I frowned, but I could feel my cheeks heating up. Sometimes I felt like my mom somehow knew about my dumb feelings for Nate. I took a deep breath to try and calm my skin as my mom opened the door.

"Hello! Welcome!" She greeted, offering a friendly smile. Their family piled in, and up until I saw Nate, I genuinely smiled. He was probably the most dressed down out of all of them. Figures. I assumed he didn't give two shits about anything proper. "Dinner's almost ready, but you're welcome to hang out until then." My mom informed. Almost instantaneously, Nate's siblings and parents went off to befriend my siblings and parents. Which left Nate and me alone at the front door.

"Damn, where'd you get that dress? The dumpster behind Wal-Mart?" He snickered. I mocked his expression before rolling my eyes.

"Ha-ha! So funny!" I exclaimed sarcastically as I reached up to pinch his cheek. His amusement promptly vanished, and in a quick movement he caught my forearm in a firm grip. I looked up at him in fear, and surprisingly, both his gaze and hold let up a little.

"Don't fuckin' touch me." He muttered. I nodded, and he released my arm rather harshly.

"Thanks, asshole." I grumbled as I stepped a little away from him. He left a red mark on my skin. Looking down at my arm, he cleared his throat.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to do that." He said quickly and quietly. I tried not to look surprised, but it's the first time he's ever apologized. However, before I could comment on it, we were called for dinner. I looked over at him, meanwhile he didn't take one glance towards me as he started off towards the dining room. I did the same, taking my seat without making eye contact with anyone. Fortunately for me, I sat across from Nate.