all out.

Request: Could you please write a Nate imagine where you got your wisdom teeth taken out and he has to take care of you and help you out and stuff for a little while?

     N A T E     

"Nate, we have to go to– to the dentist!" Y/N slurred as I helped settle her down on the couch. It's a lot more difficult to carry her when she really doesn't want to be carried.

"We just went, lil' mama." I responded for the fifth time since we left the dentist office. "Your teeth are already gone." I chuckled, falling back on the couch next to her with a big sigh.

"What?" Her eyes went wide as she sat up and put her hands on her cheeks. I couldn't help my laughter as I took in her appearance – hazy eyes, swollen cheeks, and disheveled hair. "My 'teef' are gone? Where did they go?" I just laughed some more, pulling my phone out to record her for Snapchat. These moments were too golden to miss.

"Yeah, they jumped outta' your mouth and ran." I said once I started recording.

"Wha–? Nate, we hafta catch them! Nate! Why are you laughing? My teeth are on the loose!" She pouted, huffing as she crossed her arms.

"You're so cute, baby girl." I settled down, putting my phone away. "Your teeth are fine. They're just takin' a vacation." I assured her, brushing her disheveled hair back behind her ear.

"When are they coming back?" She mumbled, leaning into my hand.

"Not for a while, but you'll be fine, I promise. How's your mouth feeling?" I asked her, keeping the dentist's orders in mind. It was a bunch of obvious precautions, but if I'm honest, I can't remember most of them for shit. All I really knew was to change her gauze and give her soft foods.

"I can't feel it." She said in a monotone voice. I snickered, leaning over and kissing her cheek.

"Then we're good for now. You need some rest." I told her, pulling her back into my chest and wrapping an arm around her to let her know that I had her. She didn't seem too opposed as she snuggled against me, a small sigh passing her lips. I played with the ends of her hair in the meantime, and within minutes she was knocked out cold. I kissed the top of her head then rested my own eyes for a second.

"Ayy, wassup with her?" John came into the room not long after, looking down at Y/N. I sat up, adjusting her body in my arms into a more comfortable position.

"She got her wisdom teeth out. Shit's crazy." I shook my head, clicking my tongue. "Yo, let's play some FIFA while she's out." I suggested, trying not to move too much as I grabbed one of the controllers.

In the midst of our fifth game, there was a sudden groan of complaint and Y/N shifted in my lap.

"Oooowww!" She moaned, holding onto her cheeks. "What the fuck!" I quickly paused the game, taking hold of her forearms so she wouldn't squish her mouth to death.

"You got your wisdom teeth out, babe. I guess the loopy shit wore off." I got up, walking over to her bag of essentials. "I think you need to change your gauze, so your mouth ain't bloody and shit." Her face scrunched into a look of disgust before she swayed up and stumbled to the bathroom. I followed suit, bringing the supplies with me.

"It fucking hurts, Nate." She complained, climbing up on the sink.

"As much as it hurt when I bombed off the pennyboard?" I asked, quirking a brow. She then giggled as best as she could through her messed up mouth before groaning in pain.

"Maybe not that bad, but this is so gross." She strung a line of complaints together while I helped her get cleaned up, but it didn't stop there. "I'm hungry. Is there still leftover Chinese from yesterday?"

"Yeah, but you ain't going near that." I shook my head, lifting her off the sink. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck, displaying a pout as I walked her to the kitchen.

"Why not?"

"Because you're just gonna be in more pain and then you're gonna complain some more." Going into the fridge, I pulled out a Snack Pack and laid in on the table, earning a dull look from Y/N.

"Pudding? Really?" She crossed her arms.

"Nah, we got Jello too." I smiled, which I knew she couldn't resist. With a huff, she pulled one of the chairs out and sat down. "Here, I'll feed you." I offered, and she lightened up a little more. Sitting down, I peeled the pudding open and scooped up a spoonful, holding it up for her. She was reluctant to eat it, but once she did, she wouldn't stop. She practically inhaled the thing then was onto the next cup. "Slow down, lil' mama. You might swallow your own gauze." I teased with a laugh, wiping the corner of her mouth with my thumb. "Goddamn, you're so beautiful, even with your chipmunk cheeks." I grinned.

"Don't be a meanie. I'm hurt." She pouted, but it turned into a smile as she leaned closer.

"Sorry, I love you." I mirrored her smile, laying a kiss on her lips. "And I'd do anything to take care of you."

"Oh, now you're just being cheesy." She giggled, kissing me again.

I gave a shameless shrug. "It made you smile, so I'm good." I brushed her hair back while she ate by herself, and I just watched her for a few moments. All swollen and tired features aside, she was so goddamn cute I didn't know what to do with myself.

"Can we go cuddle in your room, please?" She asked once she finished her second pudding cup. I didn't even have to think twice before saying yes. I stood up, and without saying anything, I scooped her up bridal style in my arms. She let out a squeal but laughed nonetheless, sounding like music to my ears. I took her up the stairs and let her down on my bed, going back to close the door afterwards.

"Mind if I smoke, babe?" I asked her, going to my dresser.

"Can I do it with you?"

I snickered, "I don't think so, lil' mama. Don't wanna risk anything going wrong." I looked back at her as I rolled up a joint, and she had on another pout that only made me laugh, shaking my head. "You know that don't work on me." I told her as I got into bed with her and took a hit.

"It's not fair that I can't do anything fun because of my damned mouth."

Blowing out smoke, I looked at her with a raised brow. "You act like it's the end of the world." I chuckled. "Just chill and be happy you got a boyfriend to take care of you." Closing my eyes, I took another hit and hung my head back against the wall. Suddenly, I felt her arms snake around me and I put my arm around her in return.

"You're right. I love you, babe. Thank you for taking care of me."

"I'm always lookin' out for you, baby girl."