midnight memories.

Request: Can you do a Nate imagine where you go to visit him in LA and he finds out One Direction is in town so he gets tickets for you two even though he's not a fan of them but it makes you happy?

"Seriously, where do we even start?" I rambled on to Nate while we walked through the LA streets and I swung our intertwined hands back and forth. "LA is so big, and there's so many things to do, so many things to see!" Nate seemed awfully quiet during my whole spiel, so I looked over at him and caught him staring at me. "What?" He chuckled and shook his head, dropping it down.

"Your tourist side is showing a bit, lil' mama." He teased, flashing that vibrant smile of his. I gave a playful roll of my eyes as I bumped him with my shoulder.

"I'm just excited to be here, is all.. But I'd be happy doing anything with you, Nate. That's why I'm here, right?"

"That's right, babe. I'll take you anywhere you wanna go though." At that moment, I looked up and spotted a One Direction ad on a billboard. I guess they were in town for the weekend.

"Well in that case, let's go see One Direction!" I said jokingly while pointing up at the billboard. He looked up with me, and I expected him to make fun of me like he usually does, but instead he gave a shrug.

"I'll check in with one of my many connections." He spoke with a tone that I couldn't quite decipher what it meant. Figuring that he was just going along with my joke, I shrugged as well, and we went on.

Later on that afternoon, I was sat on Nate's couch eating some trail mix and watching TV while he was in the shower. Despite it being my first time at his and Sammy's place, I felt right at home. I guess I was just comfortable with Nate himself.

"Babe, guess what." Nate's sudden voice piped up, startling me from my thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought you were taking a shower?" I questioned in observance of his messy and not to mention dry hair. He just smiled in response and shook his head.

"Guess what." I moved up from my position on the couch in curiosity because he was starting to worry me with this sudden change in demeanor.

"I don't know? The shower's broken?" He shook his head again, and without offering another chance at guessing, he pulled some papers out from behind his back. "Okay... What are those?"

"Tickets." My heart rate spiked up as I thought back to our outing earlier. There's no way. I mean, he doesn't even like One Direction.

"Tickets.. to what exactly?" I questioned in a slow and hesitant manner. I didn't want to get my hopes up.

"To see your boys!" He walked further into the living room and held the papers out towards me. "Good ol' 1D. It's what you wanted, right?"

"Nate." I said in awe, my eyes widening as I grasped the papers and scanned over the printing. "Nate, no way." I looked at him then jumped up. "You're gonna make me cry!" He laughed and held his arms out.

"Don't cry, lil' mama. I wanna see you happy." Of course I sprang into his arms, hugging him as tight as I possibly could.

"This is crazy! You don't even like them." I mumbled, swaying a bit in our hug. He moved his hands down to my waist and looked down at me, brushing a kiss on my lips.

"I mean, I don't fuck with them, but you do. I wanted to make your first visit here special.." He uttered with a hint of modesty in his voice. I swear I could have melted right then.

"Nate..." I gave a little squeal then hugged him again. "It would have been special nonetheless, but oh my god you are the absolute sweetest. I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl. Now go get your pretty ass ready, so we can turn up with the lads tonight." He said, laughing between words. I could not even begin to describe how ecstatic I felt. With a quick and meaningful kiss, I gave him one last hug before scurrying into his room, squealing the whole way.

The entire time I got ready, I raved to Nate about how excited I was while he just looked on with a sparkle in his eyes. I couldn't have asked for a better present from the best boyfriend in the world. When I finished getting dressed and doing my hair and makeup, I paraded back into the room, a permanent smile staining my lips.

"Simply beautiful, even in concert attire." He stated, holding my hand and giving me a twirl. I laughed out of pure excitement and couldn't help but give him another hug.

"Thank you so much, Nate. I owe you everything."

With that, we were off to the venue. This was my first time seeing the boys in concert, and although there were only four members, I was excited beyond belief. The fact that I was going to be with Nate only made the idea a hundred times better. With passing time, my enthusiasm grew beyond belief, and I could hardly contain myself as we stood in line to get inside.

"You good, lil' mama?" Nate asked with a chuckle as he hung his arm around my shoulders. "I don't want you explodin' before we even get in."

"Sorry, sorry, yes I'm good. Just excited. Oh my god, I can't believe we're here."

"Damn, how come I never see you this excited for my shows?" He quirked an eyebrow as he looked down at me. I let out a giggle and felt my cheeks warm up, shrugging with a hint of innocence.

"Maybe I just never let you see it." I made up an excuse, and we both laughed.

Time felt like it was flying by, as the next thing I knew, Nate and I were in the stands and waiting on the boys to come out. Our seats were average, but nonetheless we had a good view, and I'd be happy being anywhere in the stadium if I'm honest. I thought I had calmed down all the way, but as soon as the music began and the arena rumbled with cheers, I lost my shit. There might even have been a moment where I forgot Nate was with me. Still, he remained attentive and showed his sincere happiness for me.

I had the time of my life throughout the concert. Nate was clueless about most of the songs, but for the ones he did recognize, he attempted to sing with me. Now, he might not have known any lyrics other than the chorus (which he still messed up sometimes), but his efforts to enjoy this experience with me made it all worth it. The concert ended with Best Song Ever, and even Nate cheered for it. Rather than try to recall the lyrics like he had been the whole time, he started dancing with me despite the confined space around us. For the first time all night, I saw his genuine happiness, and that's all I could ask for. Tonight wasn't just about me, it was about him too.

Like any other concert night, it seemed to end all too soon, and before I knew it, Nate and I were back outside of the arena. He offered me a piggy back ride as my feet were aching, and I called an Uber while he looked for a place we could sit.

"This was the best night ever. Thank you so much, baby." I mumbled in his ear before leaning forward to kiss his cheek. I caught sight of his dimple as he smiled and set me down once he found a bench.

"Anything for you, my girl. The show was tight too, I mean, I didn't think they could turn up like that." He said as he sat down and pulled me sideways onto his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck, just smiling at him. I couldn't stop.

"I was surprised to see you turning up at a One Direction concert." I laughed, scrunching my nose to signal my joking. He smiled guiltily, looking into the distance while shaking his head.

"Now that stays between us, lil' mama. Don't you go around tellin' everyone I was at a 1D concert." He rose his eyebrows with the utmost seriousness but a smile remained on his features. I hummed just to tease him. Of course I wouldn't exploit him if he really didn't want me to, but I had to have a little fun in it.

"Don't worry, it's not like anyone watches my Snap stories anyway."