Eleven: Publicity

Things started to settle into a routine. They didn't go back to normal, but they calmed down a bit. I still received dirty looks and the occasional shove from the Hufflepuffs, and even a few Gryffindors. But, the Slytherins were always supportive.

Things have still been slightly awkward between Cedric and I, and Viktor and I. I would meet their eyes in the hall, or at dinner and they'd look as if they had something to tell me, but they never spoke a word. I occupied myself, studying spells and practicing for whatever it is that the first task will be. Elliot taught me a few spells that were normally taught to seventh years.

Skye and Fallon took any excuse to boast my name around the school. I had to give Skye a talking to when I caught her harassing a first year that was supporting Cedric. As much as I appreciate their support, it's a little unnecessary.

As I sat in my classes, I tried not to let my mind get too preoccupied. Whenever I thought of the Tournament, I got a sick-feeling. And, whenever I thought of Cedric or Viktor, I got all flustered. Why those two are always in the back of my mind, I'll never know. Sure, I was a little intimidated by the other champions, who wouldn't be? Harry seemed to be having just as much trouble as I.

"Lopp, just because you're dismissed from exams, doesn't mean that you can afford to not pay attention in my class. You, of all people, should be paying attention. Who knows what you'll face in the Tournament." Moody slams his hand on the table in front of me, causing me to jump a mile in the air.

My face turns bright red as everyone chuckles at me. Moody meets my eyes and gives me a sharp look, one strong enough to give me chills.

"Psst, Florence!" I hear someone hiss behind me, the minute Moody turns his back on the class. I turn around to see my friend Melony, and a few other Slytherin students smiling at me. "Look what a few of us designed and are passing out to everyone," She whispers, pointing to a glowing badge, pinned onto her ropes.

In graceful caligraphy, it says,

'LOPP IS OUR QUEEN: The CHAMPION of Hogwarts'

I smile at them, humbly. But, then the soft glow turns into flames and it reads,

'DOWN WITH DIGGORY AND POTTER!'

They all laugh quietly and look at me, a proud smile on their faces. But, I can't help but to feel guilt creeping up in my throat.

"What do you think?" One of the boys asks me,

"Er... They're very... thoughtful." I stammer out, not trying to hurt their feelings.

I would have to apologize to Cedric and Harry, and let them know that I was not behind these silly pins. Why are the houses of Hogwarts dividing themselves? Shouldn't they be supportive of each of us?

I give them a polite smile and turn back around in my seat, facing Moody, who's began talking about commonly misused spells. I try my hardest to concentrate, but it doesn't take long for my mind to wander back to the stupid tournament.

But then there's a knock on the door, and everyone turns as the classroom doors open.

"Excuse me, Professor Moody," Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl, two years younger than me, bows her head down and nearly shakes in her robes.

Some people cringe, awaiting Moody to blast the girl right out of her loafers. But, Moody just simply stares at her, waiting for her to explain her interruption.

"Sir, I'm here to fetch Florence Lopp. She's needed upstairs," She explains, her eyes flickering over to me.

Now everyone turns their eyes from Pansy, to me. I sink down in my seat, trying to avoid the attention.