Chapter 8: A Baby and A Marriage Proposal

In the reception room, the tables have been cleared away. Looking into each other's eyes, Mary and John are dancing a slow waltz in the middle of the room. Sherlock is standing on a low stage, playing his violin and he sways gently while he plays; watching the newlyweds. You were in the circle of guests surrounding the room. You smile as John dips Mary backwards, who gasped as he does this.

The music ends and the newlyweds kiss and everyone burst into applause. You look over at Sherlock and smile over at him. He looks over at you and winks, you blow a kiss at him and he smiles at you, picks up his buttonhole flower, that he took off earlier, and tosses it across to you. You catch it and start pining it on your dress.

John and Mary straighten up and wave a thank you to Sherlock, who walks to a nearby microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, just, er, one last thing before the evening begins properly. Apologies for earlier. A crisis arose and was dealt with. More importantly, however, today we saw two people make vows. I've never made a vow in my life, but here in front of you all, my first vow. Mary and John: whatever it takes, whatever happens, from now on, and I'm sure (y/n) will agree with me, I swear that (y/n) and I will always be there, always, for all three of you. Er, I'm sorry, I mean, I mean two of you. All two of you. Both of you, in fact. I've just miscounted." Sherlock stammered and you look at him confused then you look over at the Watsons and you realized what he was talking. Oh My Gosh!!! You thought and you cover up the smile on your face.

"Anyway, it's time for dancing. Play the music again, please thank you." Sherlock said and the disco lights come on and the song December, 1963 (Oh What a Night) starts to play. You walk over to the Watsons and stand next to them as Sherlock approaches them.

"Sorry, that was one more deduction than I was really expecting." Sherlock said to them. "Deduction?" Mary asked. "Increased appetite....change of taste perception." You said as she and John look over at you. "And you were sick this morning. You assumed it was just wedding nerves. You got angry with me when I mention it to you. All the signs are there." Sherlock said.

"The signs?" Mary asked.

You and Sherlock glance at John then look at each other before you two look back at Mary. "The sign of three." You and Sherlock said together.

"What?!" Mary exclaimed.

"Mary, we think you should do a pregnancy test." You said and John sighs and drops his head as Mary grins with delight at you and Sherlock. "W...th...the statistics for the first trimester are...." Sherlock started to say but John straightens up and said. "Shut up. Just....shut up." "Sorry." You and Sherlock said. John turns to Mary and asked. "How did they notice before me? I'm a bloody Doctor."

"It's your day off." You said to him.

"It's yours and Sherlock's day off!" John said.

"Stop-stop panicking." Sherlock said.

"I'm not panicking." said John.

"I'm pregnant--I'm panicking." Mary said.

"Don't panic. None of you panic." You said. "Absolutely no reason to panic." Sherlock said. "Oh, and you two would know, of course?" John asked. "Yes we would. You're already the best parents in the world. Look at all the practice you've had!" You said.

"What practice?" John asked.

"Well, you're hardly gonna need me and (y/n) around now that you've got a real baby on the way." Sherlock said as John stares at you two then smiles and laughs. He walks over to you and hugs you and then claps a hand on Sherlock's shoulder and you and Sherlock smile at them.

"Dance. Both of you, now, go dance. We can't just stand here. People will wonder what we're talking about." You said to the newlyweds.

"Right." John said.

"What about you two?" Mary asked you and him, tearfully. "Well we can't all four dance. There are limits!" John said as you and Sherlock nod. "Come on, husband. Let's go." Mary said to John. "This isn't a waltz, is it?" John asked her and she laughs.

"Don't worry, Mary, I have been tutoring him." Sherlock said as the two waltz away from you and Sherlock.

You smile at them then turn to Sherlock, who looks down at you with such love and admiration. Then he bows to you and holds his hand out to you. "May I have this dance, my love?" He asked. You giggle at him and do a curtsy at him and said. "Why, of course, Mr Holmes." He takes your hand and pulls you close and start to dance together.

You giggle as he twirl you then he dips you. Sherlock leans down and kisses you, you smile into the kiss as you kiss him back as you two straighten back up. You two pull apart and you look up at him in the eyes. "I love you, Sherlock." You said, softly. He looks over at you for a moment then takes a deep breath. "(Y/N), you wouldn't mind if we went ahead and left and go back to Baker Street." Sherlock said. You look at him, confused.

"What's wrong, love?" You asked him.

"There's something I need to ask you but I want it to be private." He replied. "Ok." You said after a few moments of silence. Sherlock smiles and takes your hand and leads you out of the reception room. He grabs his coat and you grab yours and the two of you walk out into the night air as you hear the muffled music fade into the night.

You and Sherlock make it back to Baker Street and walk into the flat. "Sherlock, what's this about?" You asked him. "Wait here." Sherlock said and walks towards his bedroom.

After a few seconds, Sherlock comes back with his hands behind his back. "Sherlock?" You asked, confused."(Y/N)....I...er....I've never felt this way about another person before.....I've never met anybody like you....um....and....um....hell I thought I would never find anyone....but after the first time I met you....I knew there was something about you that sparked my interest. " Sherlock said as his eyes moves back and forth, rapidly.

"Sherlock....what's going on....?" You started to ask until Sherlock moves his hands in front him and reveals a small black velvet box.

You gasped and place your hands in front of your face as he opens the box and you see a diamond ring inside of it. "(Y/N) (L/N), I want to make my second and last vow. I want to be with you for the rest of my life and I swear that I will keep you safe.....I love you, always have and always will. So, (y/n), will you marry me?" Sherlock asked.

Tears of joy fall down on your face as you start to laugh. "Yes of course, I will! I love you, Sherlock Holmes!" You exclaimed as he smiles widely at you and takes the ring out and places it on your left ring finger. You look at the ring for a moment then back at him and wrap your arms around him, for a tight hug. He hugs you back as you two smile and laugh. You move your head and look up at him, then you move your hands to the back of his head and pulled him down so you could kiss him. He kisses back, passionately, and moves his hands to your waist.

Sherlock picks you up and carries you to the bedroom and you couldn't help but giggle at this.

"Sherlock, that...was...holy shit..." you said, catching your breath, as you and him lay in bed, naked, under the sheets. He chuckles as you cuddle up to him and lay your head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around you.

After you two calmed down, Sherlock kissed your forehead and whispered. "Goodnight, my love." You smile up at him and said. "Goodnight, sweetheart." And kissed him on the cheek and the two of you fall asleep with smiles on your faces.

​​​​​​
Next: https://my.w.tt/YpxL0BXRLY