cinq - high school atom bomb

Valerie

"I am not seeing a therapist."
If you haven't already guessed, this was me arguing to my dad and stepmom about what Jasper had brought up to them. It felt like I was talking to a wall.
"Hun, we just want to help you."
There goes Angelica, cutting in on my conversation with my father, with her sweet, cream soda voice. She can fucking choke.
Angelica (who we dubbed "Angie", apparently) with her porcelain skin and platinum blonde hair, gritty brown eyes and lips plastered in a damn pout.
Oh, she's so damn pristine.
"I don't need your goddamn help," I sneered caustically, my eyes squeezed to a squint. "As if you would know how to help me in the first place. You don't even know me. Don't act like I'm your fucking child."
"Valerie bellsario parisi!"
(I'm Italian.) Now obviously, when anyone in your family screams your full name, you know you're in deep shit.
"What?" I bellowed scornfully, my lungs filling with rage.
"Don't raise your voice. Don't talk to you stepm-"
"She's not my fucking stepmom! She's not any type of "mother" of the fucking sort, in fact, she's just your girlfriend, and a wannabe replacement for mom, no more or no less! So don't come at me with that bullshit, because she's not shit to me!"
Too much emphasis on the air quotes around "mother".
My tirade had tears welling up in my eyes, my fists bawled so hard my nails were breaking skin, and my blood boiling.
Before either one of them could slip out another syllable, I slammed the door behind me, letting it echo behind the walls.
It was a wonder I didn't get my ass beat.
It would've been the understatement of the century to say the bus ride home was absolute shit. I became more heated by the second; my body still searing with rage. Nobody even stood in my way.
When I'm pissed, you don't even want to take a half of a second glance at me.
First and second period were a blur, minus the fact that I got sent to the ISS room for staring out the window the whole time and completely disregarding my teacher and whatever bullshit lesson he was teaching. I barely even knew his name, anyways.
But I didn't go to the ISS room. I walked into the library, knowing this early in the morning, it's never occupied, and went into the little janitors closet that lead to the roof of the school, kind of like in The Breakfast Club.
I probably layed there for an hour and a half before wanting to go find Billie. He'd be wondering where I was.
And anyway, ever since that night, I'd been wanting to be inseparable with him; which was bad, because that normally lead to what Jasper and Cam had told me exactly not to do.
But that song had been echoing through my head ever since I stood front row and danced to it like nobody was watching. I heard it all again, like I was back in the club that night, playing through my mind while I played the scenario again and again; his jet black hair glinting with sweat under the stagelights, guitar strap unusually low, the instrument hanging off his fragile frame and his usually ivory skin coated sheen with perspiration, flushed out like cotton candy.
I wanted to be there for eternity.
As soon as the thought entered my mind for the seven thousandth time since that weekend, along with the phone call afterward, (which didn't last long; the little bastard forgot to do his chores) I was in no hesitation to go and find him.
It wasn't hard to sneak out of the library, even for a clumsy bitch like me. I'd done it countless times since my freshman year, and now I was a senior, so I had the routine mastered.
It's even easier when there's just enough people in a class down there to blend in. Nobody notices.
So anyways, I snuck out of the library and even tore myself a pass, imitating the administrators handwriting, (yet another thing I'd had down very, very well) I went to my psychology class.
Billie was sitting up front row, indicating he'd done something to get in trouble. As I handed my teacher the pass, I shook my head at him with a smirk, him mouthing 'where were you?'
I mouthed back to him that I'd tell him later, taking my seat a few desks behind him.
All the teacher did was lecture us and hand out a study guide for an upcoming exam, and then class is over.
I immediately catch up to Billie, tell him where I was, and told him everything from this morning while we skipped class out in the alley behind school, where the 'Rebels' came to smoke cigarettes at lunch. My blood was scalding hot under my cheeks.
"Okay, chill out, you're getting all worked up again."
He'd said it so casually it made me want to throw a chair at him, but also lean into his chest and just stay there, soaking up the sun into my cheekbones.
How contradictory.
I sighed, my head rolling back onto the bricks. "Why can't I just live in Gilman. Why, why, why."
Now, I was gently banging my head against the burgundy toned bricks, stating it more than asking, to which Billie replied:
"It's only that way on a good night, I hope you know. Well, that's a lie, Gilman is my paradise, but.. It can get pretty dirty sometimes is all."
"Good. Maybe I need some dirty.. Good fucking lord, that was.. not the way I wanted that to come out."
We both had a laugh at that.
For a while, a silence fell over us. Not an uncomfortable one. I was content. I think we both were. Our thighs were side by side, just barely coming in contact, and the air was crisp and cold and the sun was golden.
It was so serene and comfortable that I began to doze off, the breeze hitting gently between the strands of my hair.
"Val, don't fall asleep," he said, lightly shaking me, his giggles filling the void.
"I'm just.. resting my eyes, I guess."
Biggest. Lie. Ever.

Heyy y o!! So basically, this chapter lead nowhere, and that's cool. It's starting to really pick up though, which is good. I know where the story is going and I feel like I actually know what I'm doing, and it feels awesome. Also, I'll be doing a lot of meaningless A/N's, just because. Why not? Oh and also, I'm getting on a good ass schedule with updates for the first time in a long time
(((( BE PROUD OF ME. ))))
So yeah, next chapter will be better, blah, blah , blah,

------ miRaNdA