Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A week later Chaos finally let me interact with the other people in his training facility.

The facility was amazing. There was a wing for commanders and high up officers and barracks for the lower soldiers. Chaos had his own floor that was right above mine. As I was his apprentice and right hand man, I got my own spacious floor complete with a full kitchen, living room, and a training arena as big as a football field. There were eight rooms that Chaos promised would be filled with those who shared the same level of skill or something; my group so to speak.

After being released from isolation, I headed down to the café for some food. Along the way, people gawked at me, whispering behind their hands to their friends. I inwardly sighed. Great, more attention.

I stepped into the café and a warm breeze hit me. As I walked to the line to get my food, I looked around. The ceilings were high and windows ran along the walls. Outside, there was a garden filled with greenery and flowers. There were a couple of exotic ones plants as well as some I recognized from Earth. There were plenty of tables and on each table, a small pot lay in the center containing a silver plant. I’ll check that out later. I thought. Now, I need fuel.

I stepped up and got a sandwich and blue cherry coke. When I reached the cashier, she totaled up the food. “That’s going to be 3.64. Please scan your thumb.” She motioned towards a small device sitting near a bowl of peaches.

I placed my thumb on the indicated scanner and the girl looked at the display.  She looked shocked. “Oh, Lord Jackson. I didn’t know it was you! Can I do anything for you? Get you anything special?”

I smiled at her. “No, no. That’s fine. And please, call me Percy.”

She giggled and nodded. “Okay Percy, have a good day.”

I read her name tag. “You too Melinda.”

I could hear her giggling as I walked away. Why are girls always like that? Annabeth never was. I sat down at a random table and examined the plant in the middle of the table. It was silvery and lace like. I breathed in and inhaled its sweet aroma. I was so involved with the flower that I failed to notice the talking had ceased and only a couple people were whispering.

“That new guy is so dead.”

“Why would he choose to sit there?”

“Hey, maybe she’ll go easier on him.”

The guy who said this got slapped on the back of the head. “Shut up. You know you woke up black and blue the next day after the beating Sam gave you.”

“Oh yeah. Hey, can we go for ice cream after this?”

I laughed silently at the guy who asked about ice cream and continued to study the plant. Why was it so familiar?

“That’s moonlace Punk.” A gruff voice said from behind me. The entire café went silent as if everyone was waiting to see if I would get crushed into a pulp, which is probably what they were doing.

A girl walked around the table and set down her tray. She was tall and thin, though very muscular, like she worked out a lot. She had golden blond hair braided down her back. She had light blue eyes with golden flecks that would’ve been pretty if they didn’t have a look of hatred in them.

 She sat in the seat opposite me and glared at me. “Remind me why you’re sitting here? And give me one good reason why I shouldn’t send you to the infirmary right now.”

I tried to think of a good excuse, but I came up with nothing. I willed the water in her cup to splash her in the face. “Because I could shoot something stronger than that at you.” I answered.