Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I was awoken the next morning by a soft snorting in my ear. I opened one eye and found an amber one staring into mine. Groggily, I sat up and rubbing my eyes. In my bed was my miniature pet dragon, Xander. Xander rolled over and yawned, showcasing his pointy teeth. "What? Xander? How did you-"

“Crazy huh?” I looked over and saw Annabeth snuggled in the blankets beside me. "Chaos sent our pets. Apparently they were driving him nuts."

I smiled and scratched Xander's scaly belly. "I bet Archie gave him the most trouble."

She gasped and laid a hand over her heart. "My Archie?" As if on cue, Annabeth's owl swooped in and landed on the bottom of the bed, hooting contentedly. "See? He's nothing but cute." Archie was a gift from Chaos right after she got inducted into the army. She motioned for him to come closer. He did so and she started to stroke his belly feathers.

"Mhm. Sure." I replied, rolling my eyes. I checked the clock on my bedside table. 7:30. Shoot, better get ready for breakfast.

As if reading my mind, Annabeth said, "I'll get out of your way so you can get changed.” She slid from the bed and grabbed some clothes. “See you soon Perce, Archie… go have a free day.” She opened the window and Archie soared out of it. She smiled at me and closed the door to the bathroom to change.

I walked over to my dresser and selected a nice green, V-neck shirt. Huh, looks like Chaos look the liberty of getting us more clothes. Maybe the preparation for war was going to last longer than the supply we brought. I finished dressing and sat on the bed to wait for Annabeth. She came out moments later in a clean set of clothes and her hair pulled into a ponytail… beautiful. I took her hand and walked downstairs. When we strolled into the living room, I found a note on the side table. I picked it up and read:

Hello! I hope everything is to your liking. If not, deal with it. I added a table to the Dining Pavilion just for you guys. It's black, or is it red. No, maybe a regular picnic table. I don't know, you'll find out. Your pets were driving me crazy. Annabeth, your owl is a hand full. Please train it. The rest of your crew is preparing now and should arrive in ten minutes. Have fun!

"I told you! It was your owl!" I cheered triumphantly.

Annabeth frowned. "I guess you're right. Come on, let's get to breakfast."

I was right. I thought. Oh man, I'm never going to let her forget this. Point for Percy! I followed Annabeth from the cabin and to the Dining Pavilion. A couple minutes later the campers started to file in.

"Hey!" a voice shouted. "Those Aphrodite chicks are nuts. They abducted me and tried to remove my helmet for a makeover!"

I turned and saw an enraged Sam storming up the path. "Hey Beta. Ready for breakfast?"

She growled a 'yes' and sat down. Zoe arrived soon after and took a seat next to me, whispering a hello as she did so.