Chapter II. - Frost

I turned and there he was, Frost. Another annoying person in my life after my brother. He wasn't supposed to be here. He was supposed to be in Hoenn studying pokemon. Well, despite him being such an annoying prick, he was actually one of the smartest in Pokemon Training School. No joke. I was always lagging behind him and I hate it. Another thing why I found him annoying, well, since he was the wittiest, he got to graduate early. And yes, that would mean he would be a fully-fledged trainer. But no, he decided to stay and picked a different route and went to Hoenn for a while. I asked him once why he did that. And oh, his response pissed the hell out of me.

......

"Why did you choose to go to Hoenn? I mean you could have started your journey," I asked as we sat on the benches outside school.

"But then it wouldn't be fun,"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"I wouldn't be challenging you and beating you and rubbing it in your face when I become champion,"

......

I swear I could have shoved something down his throat at that moment. But that was a year ago. Now he was back and with a pokemon.

"Y-You shouldn't have a pokemon. You haven't graduate!" I spluttered.

Honestly, I didn't know how to react. Frost surprised me. Well, I guess he could have come home around this time since our graduation was nearing but holy flip. And yes, I know that was a really lame sentence. I could have started with a 'Hi' or something. But oh for the loving Arceus, I'm such a dork!

There was a moment of silence as he stared at me before he burst out laughing.

"Oh my Arceus, Winter, I'm back and you're already making me laugh,"

"You're back and you're already pissing me off," I shot back as I stood up.

I glanced to where Fang was and he was busy playing with the little horsea. Maybe this was my chance to beat Frost. That would teach him to stop messing with me. But on the otherhand, I was afraid of losing. Pride could get in the way sometimes.

"Whatever, Winter wonderland, want to battle or not?" he smirked.

That nickname. That's it. I don't care whether I was going to win or lose, I was going to beat his sorry ass for calling me that. I nodded and called Fang. Frost was surprised but otherwise, said nothing. Maybe he really thought I would decline. Well, I was going all out for this.

My brown hair blew against the icy wind but I wasn't feeling cold. I was pumped.

"You asked for it! Aqua, use bubblebeam!"

Bubbles shot through the horsea's mouth and immediately, I knew I was in trouble.

"Fang, dodge!"

With the agility Fang had, he jumped just in time. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Fang, use bite!"

The growlithe quickened its pace and managed to leap on the horsea and land a bite.

"Aqua, you alright? Use tackle!"

The water pokemon started racing towards Fang at an increasingly fast pace and I was stunned. This pokemon had amazing speed too. It leaped and landed a hit. Fang went flying and fell into the snow beside me.

"Fang! Are you okay?"

Holy flip, please don't faint on me. Fang got up slowly and shook the snow off his coat, his eyes ablaze. I could see he was breathing heavily from throwing attacks but he had this determination in his eyes and I smiled. I had just gotten Fang and he already wowed me.