Chapter IV. - Are you a ghost?

A/N: dedicated this to a lovely friend of mine, @calming! thanks, for being there for me when i needed someone :) oh and rly sry for the slow update! writer's block sucks.

------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was going down quickly and we had to hurry since nobody wants to camp in the dark Santalune forest. That place was crawling with wild Pokemon (and possibly trainers!) and despite it being a perfect place to train, I was actually pretty scared.

We passed Aquacorde Town after buying abundant pokeballs from the store and headed North, and as we knew it, the dark forest loomed ahead of us.

I stared at the vast acres of high-top trees and shivered.

"Do we really need to pass this forest to get to Santalune city?" I asked, timidly.

I mean I'm not afraid of the dark or trees of that matter, but Santalune forest just gave me the creeps. Frost shook his head and tsked.

"Winter, winter, don't tell me you're scared?" he smirked.

I shook my head.

"I-I'm not! I just don't get a good vibe from this place," I spluttered.

Lea grinned and pulled me next to her.

"Don't worry! I'm here to protect you, just call my name and I'll be there!" she winked, her emerald eyes twinkling.

For some reason, I didn't get a good vibe from her either.

We entered the forest and all of a sudden, the sounds of the outside world were all engulfed by the eerie sounds of the trees swaying and murmurs of insect Pokemon calling out to one another. It was going to take a long time to navigate out of here since it was already getting dark.

We walked around for a while, trying to pinpoint directions. Before we knew it, it was dark out and we were incredibly and terribly lost. I was beyond terrified. I didn't know why. I've camped out loads of times with my brother (well, it was near to home) before and I've never felt this ominous feeling that I was getting here.

"Well, looks like we have to camp out here," Lea said excitedly.

"I guess so," Frost chimed in.

"Ditto," Camo replied.

Dang, I can't believe I have no say in this! I glanced at them and realised the decision had already been made. Why do I have to tag along with them in the first place?

I unwillingly began helping them set up camp when I realised we didn't have anything to start a fire.

"Uh, who's going to collect the firewood?" I asked, and all of them looked at me.

Shit, I've got to say something fast.

" C-'Cause if I'm going, I need someone to go with me," I quickly stammered, my face red.

Frost shook his head and smirked. Oh sure, I forgot that he would make fun of me. Right, he would volunteer and then tease me to no end. Why didn't I see this coming?

"Alright, Winter wonderland, I'll--"

He was interrupted by Lea's squeal.

"No, wait, I'll go with her," she happily said and dragged me along before Frost could say anything else.

When we were far away from the site, she let go of me and pushed me to the side roughly. I stumbled back, slightly dazed.

What the flip was going on?