Chapter #3

This is a record! ahaha ENJOY!! and none of it has been edited so.. sorry? 

                                                             -Gracie xx

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

I woke up at the break of dawn to the sound of scraping claws and the trickle of water. Destiny’s warmth was no longer behind me. I sit up, quickly glancing around. That’s when I see wet hoof prints along the stone trailing towards the cave opening. I stand, holding my dagger close. And follow the hoof prints out of the cave.

I was a step away from the entrance when I hear a low growl behind me. I swing around on the ball of my foot dagger at the ready. I search though the darkness and find more wet prints, this time they were paws trailing towards the darkness in the back of the cave.

I see a grey paw step out of the darkness and sharp teeth reflecting the outside light. I hold out my dagger ready to fight the wolf off. The wolf pounced, jaws opening in anticipation for its next meal. I step to the side and aloud the wolf to dive at my side. I don’t want to have to do this. I cringe as I pick the yelping wolf up by the scruff and throw it towards the back of the cave. As soon as I hear the thud of its body I turn and run towards the caves entrance.

I was one pace away from the entrance when I feel a searing pain in my right leg causing me fall on my hands. I take a glance at my one escape when my vision blurs. No! Not again! Please I didn’t mean to resist, stop… STOP! It hurts! Please… “PLEASE!” I yell as I get pulled back out of my memories as I hear a dark growl and see a shadow fly over the top of me. I quickly flip over and wipe the tears that had formed in my eyes.

It takes some time for my vision to properly return… the red wolf? No… it can’t be. The red Wolf… no the man from before was fiercely defending me against a much bigger grey wolf. They were both equally great fighters, both able to give a harsh bite to the other, both incredibly powerful, and both with eyes of hate. Finally the grey one concord the red wolf and threw it against the cave wall. I hear the red wolf cry out in pain and whimper.

The grey wolf believing that he had hurt the red wolf enough, stalked over to me , I glance to where my dagger lays damn it, too far away. I’m a sitting duck. The grey wolf looked me in the eye and licked its lips.

I’m not completely sure what happened next but all I know was that one moment I had the grey wolf about the bite into me and then was gone. Then the two wolves were once again intensely fighting.  I have to help him. I stretch along the floor and clasp my dagger.  I have to help him. I turn and try to stand. I bolt on pain shot up my leg and made we fall once again. I lay there not wanting to move knowing that it’ll hurt if I do. But I have to help him.  I look up at the two wolves both were covered in blood and harsh bite marks.  I have to help him. I bite my lip and try to stand again. The pain travelled up my leg again and I feel a tear roll down my cheek.  Come on Sapphire, one step at a time. I slowly limp my way over to the two wolves. One more jump and I would be on top of them. I pull up my dagger, ready to strike. 1. 2. 3!  I lunge driving the dagger all the way into the grey wolfs back. It yelps and gives one last attempt to defend its self, before the red wolf sinks it teeth into its neck killing if for good.

What have I done…? I didn’t just do that… I take a step away from the dead wolfs body feeling a searing pain though my leg causing me to fall. I sat there holding my leg and let tears fall down my face.

I don’t know how long I stayed there for ignoring the world and killing myself from the inside out for doing such a thing to the grey wolf… I didn’t have to do that. It was only hungry. I’m a horrid human being. I don’t even deserve to be here. If I wasn’t here to start with I wouldn’t have killed such a gorgeous innocent animal. I feel I hand on my back. I flinch away and cringe; the hand quickly pulled back here it comes, the punishment for resisting. How could I be so stupid?

“Hey, are you ok?” said a soft male voice behind me. What? “Do you want to show me where it hurts? I can help” I lift my head curiously. No, I can’t trust them. I know they’ll hurt me. They always do. Never trust anyone. That’s what my Father’s journal says at least. I shut my eyes tightly and huddle again. “Look, it’s ok I won’t hurt you.” That’s what he said and look what he did. “Come on,” He sighed and placed a hand on a shoulder. I bite my lip to stop myself moving away, - that’s where my newest bruise is. Never resist. ”Just trust me” he softly pulled on the same shoulder ow… I gave into his asking “please.” He pleaded. He doesn’t sound like my father or any of his business friends; I look up meeting his… misty green eyes. Crap.

He smiled “hello again” he looked bad... and not in a good way; he had cuts, blood and bruising all over his see able adorably freckled skin.

I swallow “you need attention… I’m sorry sir; I don’t have any supplies to help” I drop my gaze to the floor in apology

He chuckled, “I’m a ‘sir’ now, am I?” tease. He held out his hand. Looking like a confused idiot I held out my hand in a greeting gesture. He laughed again “no, your leg child.”

“Oh,” I blushed “right” I pulled back my hand and offered my leg. He gently touched the ripped tissue,

“Lucky you have a horse” he says looking up to my eyes. “Call her and I’ll help you get to my camp site” He placed my leg back down “I have supplies that will help”.

He stood and walked over picking up Destiny’s saddle and reins. Right, call her... I do my classic bird whistle. I soon hear the soft tapping of her hooves against stone and feel her breath down my neck. I giggle and greet her “good Moring Destiny, nice of you to show up.” I kiss her nose and she snorts. I pat her neck, grateful that she returned.