Chapter #4

So guys here it is number 4, chapter 4. Has it gotten anymore interesting? Perhaps not... :/ Still learning? Any way hope you like it.. oh and him xD As always ENJOY - Gracie xx

p.s not read over before posting... sorry?o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

The man lead me along a faint trail along the mountain and in to a small gully where he had hid his camp under the thick canopy. He helped me off Destiny and carried me into his camp. He walks back outside to Destiny taking off her bridle so she could graze on plant life.

He walked in and collected a cloth, a bottle of clear white liquid, pincer looking things and a bandage -  The bottle had an intricate design of vines of silver with nuts and flowers of bronze with a nut shell type of lid – out of his bag.

He gave a small smile as I offered my leg to him. He picked out what rocks he could with the pincer like things and then dabbed a small amount of the clear liquid on to the cloth and cleaned out more of the wound, the smell drifted towards me bringing back memories like a familiar foe that I thought I had left behind; it reminded me of the basement, a dreadful place that I was all too familiar with.

Where the clear liquid touched my flesh it burned like fire and had an excruciating sting but I knew it will help like it always has in the past - well at least I how it’s in the past.

The man had finished cleaning my wound and swore under his breath harshly. He stood and walked back to his bag and pulled out a small jar of green powder, the jar was covered in some kinds of ruins with decorative vine patterns again. He walked back over to me slightly catching my eye before I dropped my head to try and hide my interest. He slightly chuckled “what?”

I feel my face slightly warm up damn it… “Err…. Nothing.” I bite my lip don’t let him see through you.

He shrugged “okay then.” He took the lid off the top of the green powder and scattered a pinch over my wound.

There was a tingling sensation and then the loose green powder started to crawl across my skin towards the wound. Where the green powder touched the raw flesh of my wound it settled and turned purple.

The man clearly saw my confusion and wide eyes. “Dragons Scale” he explained “It’s made of pigmans root and fern stem.”

I frown, pigman’s root? That’s in my father’s journal… but… no… all the maids… everyone said that it didn’t exist.

The man smiled “did pigman’s root confuse you?” I nodded “that’s because it’s not from this realm. My eyes widen realm? The man sighed “yes realms exist and yes I don’t originally originate from this realm”

I look at him speechless, what? “I assume you’ve already heard of me?” I nod and his eyes grow cold “and have you chosen your side?” his voice had turned killer and harsh, as his eyes were swirling with an ebony black mist playing with his eyes like tar in the misty green. The mere site of him now was unnerving and giving me goose bumps. He blinked and the black mist disappeared “very well then miss, I urge you to choose wisely.” He bandaged my leg and stiffly left.

Strange man… intriguing man… no… he may have helped your wound but… don’t trust him. They used to always help with my lashes and then betrayed me… they are all the same

I get my thoughts together and limp out of the small camp. Destiny whinnies and walks over to me nuzzling my neck and then sniffing my leg, “it’s fine, the man helped” I softly ensure her. She snorts not believing me; I giggle “hey!”

I stayed around the man’s camp with Destiny for the rest of the day and explored a little way into the forest.

I was almost asleep when the man came back. He looked down upon me “you stayed?” I sat up

“Well yeah… I kind of have nowhere else to go” I smiled I’m free.

“Very well then. I assume you’re hungry?”

As he mentioned it I became aware of the tossing pain in my stomach – not that I wasn’t use to it – I bite my lip, “a little.” He raised an eye brow.

“You’re lying.” He let a knowing smirk take his lips “you’re a bad liar” He went into his bag and took out a piece of bread breaking it in half and handing one piece to me.

“Thank you.” I take a small bite to try and show him I’m only a little hungry, I tried to slowly chew the small amount in my mouth… wait… suddenly half of the piece loaf was in my mouth and I was hardly chewing before swallowing. Damn it!

The man laughed at me “only a little, huh?” I narrow my eyes at him. Damn it you know it all! I could feel my face flush with heat. I finished my half in the time the man had only eaten half of his. Oops. He smiled and tossed me his water skin.

“Thanks.” I drank just enough to kill my thirst.

The man made me a bed and laid his own out near. I laid down facing away from him don’t give him an invitation. I listen to his pen against paper what is he writing? I hear him sigh and put his things away. Lying down in bed and asleep in a few moments softly snoring, most likely lying on his side. I turn over and study his face though the soft moon light that came though the opening in the canopy; the man had a hard jaw line with light stubble and a small scar on the underside trailing along where the neck meets the jaw bone. He had gently curved brows and long red hair that always seemed to look like a tumble weed. His nose was a small curve with a little bump in the middle and his light pink lips not too small not too big; I wonder he feels like… I reach out extending my fingers until they were a few centimetres away no stop. Don’t trust them. I quickly pull my fingers away and pull myself back under the covers; I catch a slight smile upon his lips as he flips to turn away. What?

I lay in bed with continues thoughts going through my head more and more terrifying they get until I pass out on one thought who is he…