Jetpacks and computers

She noticed how Junior always seemed to land on his feet. He always looked cool and collected. The way he leaped off the building to deliver babies and dive in amazing speed, made Tulip's mouth open in sheer awe. She wished to fly like him. She would never admit it to anyone but the real reason she built her jet pack is to fly, just like Junior.

She nimbly connected the two wires together, watching as the electricity sparked before she glued the two live fuses. She removed her goggles and wiped the sweat off her brow as she looked at her jet pack. The two cylinders made out of oxygen tanks were fused together as she melted the metal together with her blowtorch. She adjusted the straps to the vest that was attached to her pack and made sure her back up wings was folded neatly in her emergency bag. She admired her work and grabbed a dirty rag, making it shine. She was certain that this time, she was going to fly.

He brushed her frizzy red hair back and felt an unusual warm breeze hit her ear.

"What are you working on?"

"Gah!" She yelled out In surprised and scrambled across her desk and covered her precious with a sheet before turning around to the person, or bird that sneaked up on her.

She blinked when she saw no one but looked down to see the dull expression on Pigeon Toady's face.

"What's up brah? Didn't mean to scare ya." He said nasally titling his head to the side. Her face fell and crossed her arms at him.

"Hey pigeon Toady, what brings you to my workshop?"

Pigeon Toady blinked slowly, taking a moment to process her question before replying. "Oh yeah, Boss bro needs tah see ya brah, says it real important..."

"Junior wants to see me? Why didn't he text me?" She glanced back to her work desk and brushed aside the loose pieces of paper as she tried to find her phone.

"I think he did brah..."

"No, I would have heard-there it is!" She snatched the rainbow colored case and flipped it over to the screen. She cringed when she saw the missed messages.

15 missed calls

21 unread texts

3 voice mails.

"Oh boy." She said as she stood up from her chair. "I guess I really didn't hear him, thanks for telling me Pidgeon Toady!" She said as she rushed towards her spiral metal staircase. Pigeon Toady lifted up his wing and gave her a thumbs up.

"Sure thing brah!"

"Oh and don't touch anything please!" She yelled out as she ran up the stairs. "I have very sensitive equipment."

"Sure! Yeah! Okay! No problem!"

Tulip ran across the floor of the building of stork's mountain running passed the employees delivering the babies for today to their families. She avoided making eye contact with the babies because if she does, she will be compelled to stay and play with them. She ran even fast to avoid that situation. She ran into a small office space as she kicked open the door.

"Okay!" She gasped, struggling to catch her breath. "I'm here! What do you need Junior?" She asked. Junior was surrounded with state of the art computers. Each screen had lists of babies marked with green or red.

Green meant that they had been delivered and Red meant they haven't yet. The only difference today is that all of the screens had a massive error message.

Junior appeared ready to pull of his feathers when she burst in.

"Tulip! Oh thank gosh! You gotta help me! I think I pressed the wrong button again!"