VII

Harry, Louis and the three kids were all walking through the park to try and find where the other families were. They were late because Harry agreed to get the kids then get Louis from work as then he didn't have to take as much time off.

Harry was on the phone to Deborah who was trying to tell them where abouts in the park they were but that was failing. The park was huge.

"By the tree next to the fountain." Harry told the others and they all looked round to see the fountain was in the centre of LOTS of trees.

"Which one?" Louis laughed.

Louis was holding onto all the baked goods. Harry had made so many! There were four boxes in total.

Harry repeated the question down the phone to Deborah.

"Which tree?" There was a pause before he answered.

"The big oak one!" Harry said relived. Everyone knew which tree the big oak one was, it was famous within the community for being the oldest tree in the whole of the county.

It was pretty much the centre of the park too. Which helped.

"Okay kids, to the old oak tree." Louis told the 3 children who were squabbling over who could carry the picnic basket.

"Ouch!" Oscar complained as Dorothy pinched his arm for grabbing her side of the picnic basket from her.

"Okay Dori. Why don't you come and grab a tin of cakes from me and leave the boys to do the hard work?" Louis could tell the argument was about to spiral out of control so he chose to defuse it while he still could.

"Okay Louis!" She beamed at the man before sticking her tongue out at Louis' little boy's and running off to grab the top tin from Louis.

"Thank you my lovely." Louis smiled down at the little girl before they carried on their way, following Harry, down to the old oak tree.

When they got to the spot where everyone else was already enjoying their, picnic Harry spread out two picnic mats and they all sat down and began to eat.

As the sugary treats and savoury snacks were scoffed down Louis opened up to the group and told them about himself.

Harry learnt a bit about Louis that he didn't know already which made him just a little bit more fond of him.

"I'm 33 actually." Louis chucked slightly when Leah said he must have been very young when he had Westly and Oscar.

Strangely Harry was quite glad Louis was older than him. Not that Louis reminded him of Jamie but he did bring back familiar feelings that Harry had only really ever felt with his widow.

Which felt confusing for Harry..

"Ow! I was hoping I wouldn't be the youngest anymore!" Lisa complained. She was 24. Still fairly young but not as young as some of the parents in the school.

Not that there was anything wrong with being a young parent.

Louis gazed over to where the children were all playing around together. They were playing a game of mums and dads or something and all the parents thought it was awfully cute. "I wish family life was really that easy." Louis sighed quietly to himself but Harry, who was sat awfully close to him overheard.