All His Fault

He Tian put one hand on his ankle and the other on his wrist. The red haired boy struggled to free himself, but failed. Still struggling, he could see the other boy leaning in, fine black hair swaying in the breeze. So close that he could feel He Tian's breath on his neck. And then He Tian whispered into his ear, "Red! Hey Red! This is not real, right..."

The redhead jerked awake and sat up straight on his makeshift bed on the floor.

Get off me, get off me...

His brain was still trying to tear through the fog of sleep. He looked to his left and almost jumped when he saw He Tian lying on the bed in real life.

Waaaaaaah.... He opened his mouth and was about to shout and flail, when it struck him that the black haired boy looked way too peacefully asleep to be plotting anything. The realisation calmed him down. And by this time he was awake enough to have a grasp of the situation.

He scowled at He Tian cuddled into his bed sheets. To have such a weird dream! I must have been really grossed out yesterday! His back muscles were still stiff. Lying on the old spare mattress had not helped.

Bastard! Look at you sleep!

The redhead had a sly thought. He quickly grabbed his phone, put it on silent and took a quick video of He Tian: curled on his side, mouth open slightly, softly snoring, long arms and legs tangled amongst the bed sheets. Blackmail material! He grinned happily at his own accomplishment.

Young masters surely have it easy! The redhead thought sarcastically: He looks like a bloody prince from one of those picture books Ai Chen has!

The redhead continued with his scrutiny of the sleeping boy: He Tian was taller than him, surprisingly well built for a boy of 14 years. The redhead hated to admit it, but in a fight, he would not stand a chance against the other boy...

The fucker is good looking, girls would probably be all over him all the time, the redhead thought grudgingly. He Tian's hair seemed to be glistening in the dim light filtering through the window. He absentmindedly ran his hand through own mop of red hair. People often complimented him on its unusual colour, but, his hair always had been rather bushy, reason he kept it cropped. He Tian's hair, on the other hand, looked like fine strands of black silk, luxuriously fanning over his forehead as he slept on his side.

Long eye lashes peeked through his hair and rested on strong, high cheek bones. His nose, straight and narrow, ended in a sharp angle. Such chiseled features! And, no freckle anywhere, the redhead noted gloomily, picking at the spray of red dots that spread across his nose and cheeks.

He Tian's lips, though, were surprisingly delicate and small. The redhead felt a small sense of victory: Huh! Mine are fuller for sure, as a man's should be! Still contemplatively looking at He Tian, the redhead gingerly touched his own lips, checking if they were indeed fuller. Then he promptly blushed at the absurdity of the situation: I just touched my lips while looking at a sleeping boy, a boy! What on earth...

Aaaaghhhh, this bastard! It's all his fault that I am spacing out so early in the morning. The redhead thought angrily, got up and tip toed out of the bed room. He had often rocked his sister to sleep when she was a baby. He knew how to get out of the room without making any noise.

........

The redhead took his time making breakfast. Eggs or porridge? Nah, Sandwich, he decided. He was hoping that He Tian would get up by himself and come out. But, there was no sign of the other boy stirring. The breakfast was getting cold, so the redhead decided to go and wake the other boy up.

As he approached the bedroom, an image of He Tian lying tangled in his bed sheets rose in his mind . He felt his throat tighten and suddenly was hesitant about going inside.

So, he decided to pause outside the door and call loudly from there. "He Tian", his voice came out in a whisper, surprising him.

Am I afraid of him? He wondered: But, why! So what if he is well connected! It is my house!

He felt angry with himself. I am going in. He strode through the door.

And what happened next was something that the redhead was not at all prepared for. One second, he was walking into his own bed room, and next, he was being shoved onto the ground, head banging onto the floor, arm twisted behind his back, and legs in a tight scissor grip.

It happened so quickly that he could not even react.

"Who are..." He Tian hissed in a low, dangerous voice, and then abruptly stopped mid sentence.

The grip on his arm or legs did not loosen, but he could feel He Tian's weight shifting on his back. Suddenly the other boy's face was in peripheral vision. He heard him gasp, "you!"

Finally, after what seemed a nerve wrecking eternity, the other boy loosened his grip and stood up.

The redhead jumped up. He was about to spit on the ground, when he remembered that it was his own house, and he himself would have to clean it later after all.

"Dude! What the fuck!" He knew he could be eloquent when he wanted to be.

Ambushed in my own house! The only point of satisfaction: the black haired boy in front him looked as flustered as he was.

"What the fuck!" He repeated.

The other boy looked anything but apologetic. The flustered look on his face was slowly being replaced by one of pure glee "It's you! It is you!"

"Why did you attack me? Who does that?"

"Well, I did not know that it is you, that I am attacking you... I wake up in an unfamiliar room, I don't know where I am... For all I know, I could have been kidnapped, could have been in danger."

"Kidnapped? You little shit. I could have murdered you a thousand times last night. I fucking had to carry your ass over here last night, you drunk baboon! I had to put cold compress on your forehead. I fucking let you sleep in my bed, you bastard! you, you..." The red haired boy was so angry that words failed him.

"Language, language..." The black haired boy shook his head gravely, infuriating even him more.

And then, he looked at him in the eyes, and gave him a sudden smile. "Hey! I am sorry! My bad, I get it. But, no big deal right? Come on! You can't be really mad!" A soft light was shining from within the onyx depths of his eyes.

The red haired boy suddenly felt himself going weak in the knees.

Must be from taking that fall before, damned bastard! Well, as long as he says sorry....

"It's cool!", he said out aloud.

He Tian smiled again, "Thanks!"

He had a dazzling smile.

The redhead lowered his eyes. His throat tightened up again, and his mouth felt dry.

Damn bastard. Shoving me into the ground so hard, that must have hurt! It's all his fault, he thought sullenly.

"You wanna have breakfast?", he said, refusing to meet the other boy's eyes and walking out of the bedroom.

"Yes", the other boy got up to follow him, "And aspirins".