Chapter 1: The arrival

Hazel/Chae hyun's p.o.v.

     I was walking on the streets of Seoul, South Korea. Looking for a hotel to stay in for atleast one night, but all  the hotels I went to were either full or way out of my budget. I then realized that I should've had booked a hotel before coming here.

    I was tired and hungry,  so I gave up searching for a hotel. I decided to stop by this little café called "iu station", which had a pretty banner that went with the name. I peeked through the see through windows and saw colourful rice cakes laying on the counter tray. I was craving them at that moment. I opened the door, and as soon as I went inside, the smell of fresh rice cakes and pastries filled the room. It smelled like heaven.

     I went directly to the counter,  where a girl was standing. I noticed that her name was "IU" which was labelled on her name tag, it even had little cute characters designed around her name.

"Hello, I'm Iu, may I take your order?" She said pleasingly.

"Three rice cakes please."

"That will be 3,900 won"

I opened my wallet and took out 5,000 won.

"Here you go" I said with a smile.

She then gave me back the change, and grabbed a small box to put the rice cakes in.

"Would you like three of different flavours?" She asked.

"Oh sure, thank you." I replied

She placed three of the rice cakes inside one by one. I watched as she tied the box neatly with a pink ribbon. They sure do make everything so cute here..

"Here you go, enjoy" She said with a smile.

"So cute, thank you. Um, Are you the owner of this café?" It was such a random question, but out of curiosity I had to ask.

"Oh, no." She giggled. "My grandma is the owner, but they decided to name it after me. Haha long story"

"Ahh, that's nice. Sorry, I noticed that your name was also the name of the café"

"No no, that's alright. I get those questions a lot anyway haha. It's fine"

Our small conversation ended quite well, we even exchanged phone numbers which was sort of funny. I left the café holding the box of rice cakes in my hand. I took a walk around the street to find a place where I could stay just for the night, but I didn't think anyone would just let a random person into their home. I guess I'll have to stay up the whole night.

As I got to the end of the street, I saw an empty park bench, nobody around, just small stores that were still open. I walked towards the bench and placed my rice cakes right on it.

"I think I'll sleep here for the night" I said to myself. It might be embarrassing,  but atleast I'll have some rest to energize myself for tomorrow. When I was making myself comfortable, I noticed a bracelet placed right next to me on the bench, which someone might have left by accident.

I took the rice cake box and placed it on my lap, taking the other end of the ribbon and pulling it in order to untie it from the box. I carefully opened the lid, and the smell of ricecakes rushed to my scent. "These smell so good." I whispered to my self.

I took one bite and the taste suddenly filled my mouth, as I was about to take another bite, I heard someone huffing and puffing coming closer. I turn around and it was a guy, running towards the bench.

"huff  huff.. Hi.. ." He smiled, placing one hand on the bench and inhaling and exhaling rapidly. His smile was just flawless. I just sat there staring at his soft lips.