Chapter 3: Late night walks

Hazel/Chae Hyun's p.o.v

     "Mr. Kim? Someone wants to see you." the assistant kindly said.

"Aish. Okay, let them in" He said in a stern voice.

I slowly walked inside his office trying not to have eye contact with him. I took a step forward to his desk and waited for him to say a word.

"Neh?" He muttered

I looked up at him, trying to make eye contact.

"uh. I'm.. I'm Kim Chae Hyun." I said hesitantly.

"Kim Chae Hyun?"

"Neh.."

"What brings you here Kim Chae Hyun?" He scanned my face and gave me a cold stare.

"Well.. I, err.." I paused and just stared at him. I couldn't speak, he just wasn't that person you'd be comfortable to talk to.

"If you came here just to waste my time you can leave. I'm busy." He groaned.

"Anio. I just wanted to.." I started fiddling with my fingers not knowing what to say, "uh.." His face became feirce.

"mianhaeyo" I bowed. "I'll just leave now sir, sorry for bothering you." I turned my back away from him and walked slowly towards the door. I was so embarrassed. Ugh. I could have just said it, but he didn't have any patience.

I was about to open the door till a voice called my name.

"Kim Chae Hyun" He called out in a low voice.

I suddenly paused. I turned around and took one step forward.

"Neh?.."

".. how is she?" He replied with a poker face.

Is he talking about my mom?

"Uh. Sorry? Who?"

"Don't be dumb. Your mother."

Woah, he just called me dumb? This man really is rude.

"ah. She's doing fine." I lied. When she's actually sick and depressed.

"I see.. What brings you here?" He said looking at his computer.

Aish this man. He just said he was busy.

"... Since you're my uncle.. I uh.. I'm planning to work under your company.."

He laughed. " You want to work under my company?"

"um, Neh."

"Are you sure kid?" He laughed again.

"I'm sure."

"Start tomorrow morning, be at my office at 7:30. My assistant will assign you all the things you need to do."

Woaah. That was too fast. "Tomorrow morning??" I gasped.

"Nehh. Didn't you hear what I just said?"

"But uncle, I already have plans for tomorrow morning. Can't you just change it to another day?"

"Well then, I guess you're going to have to cancel your plans. And if not, you aren’t working for me." He stated.

Ughhhhh. This man. I guess I'll have to talk with eumma.

"Neh, I'll cancel my plans. And I'll start tomorrow morning." I had no choice.

"Good." He responded.
______________________________________

   "I had no choice eumma, he said it's either cancel my plans or not work for him at all." I cried

She sighed. "Your uncle is really something huh. Well I guess you can move in to the apartment tomorrow evening, since you booked that hotel for two nights right?"