1

"Echoooo!" I can hear my friend, Jackson's voice ringing all through the schoolyard. He runs toward me and hugs me, his large frame almost crushing my smaller one. "H-hey, JT!" I cough out as he chokes me with his hug. "Can you let me go now?" I ask, as he spins me.
"Oh, uh, sure!" He laughs sheepishly as he puts me down. We lean against the school wall and chat, waiting for the first day of our junior year in highschool to start. "So, how was your summer?" He asks, staring right at me.
"It was great! I did a lot of fun things," I giggle.
"Like what?"
"None of your business."
"Did you lose it?"
"Lose what?" I stare at him, watching his smug expression. "Oh my God, no!! Jesus Christ, dude are you kidding me?!? I haven't had a boyfriend since the last day!" I swear, he's such an idiot sometimes. "Well, I'mma go get me one right now~" He says, eyeing one of the cutest gay guys in school.
"Good luck," I beam.
"Thanks, I'm gonna need it," He says as he walks away. I see him start flirting with the guy, then start joking with him. The boy, I think his name's Landon, blushes and laughs. Good sign. Jackson finally grabs Landon's hand, looks straight into his eyes, and says the words I told him to say: "I've noticed how amazing you are for a while, and I was kinda wondering if you'd want to go out on a date with the loser in front of you?" Landon says yes and Jackson's face lights up like a lamp. I smile and give him a thumbs up before feeling like someone's looking at me. I slowly turn, bracing for a prank, and see something shocking...