Chapter 5

Douglas sighed as he looked at his son, who had just come out of surgery as he heard a groan, which made him sit up to see his eyes opening.
Ugh...what happened?" Chase asked, holding his hand to his head as it dully throbbed.
"You were on a mission, and a house collapsed with you in it."
"Yeah, I remember that. What happened after?"
"Well, Bree and Adam found you and took you to a abandoned police station until I found you. So I dropped them off at the hurricane shelter and brought you here."
Chase nodded.
"Did they get Leo?"
Douglas sighed, setting his hand on Chase's shoulder.
"Donnie, Leo and Tasha are missing. Adam and Bree went to the shelter to try and find them."
Chase nodded as he sat up before gasping, feeling a sudden pain in his stomach, making Douglas jump up and push him down.
"Easy kid. They just had to open you up and get a piece of glass that was lodged in your stomach."
"Yeah. Cause that doesn't sound disgusting at all." He replied sarcastically before asking. "How many pieces of glass were there?"
"Five. You coughed two up, two were going through your digestive system. They pulled out those two so it didn't cause damage."
"When can I leave?"
"Well, you'll be discharged in a few days, but I don't know where you're going. The house was in the direct path of the tornado. It's destroyed. Pretty sure the lab is still in tact though, considering it's underground, not to mention, you'll be on bed rest for awhile." Douglas told him.
Chase nodded as Douglas's text alert went off and he opened it.
"What is it?"
"They found Leo, but no sign of the others. Adam left to go find them."
"Well, there goes finding them."
"Have faith in Adam. He saved both you and Bree's lives." Douglas told him.
'You're kidding. Right?'

Hope you guys liked this chapter.
Over and out.
Susz13.