The Attacker

Lucy's perspective
*****************
      It echoed through the village, ringing everywhere. For those moments, that's all I could hear. The roar.
When everything calms down, Natsu and I make eye contact. We know what to do, Happy grabs me and flies up while Natsu races across the town. We all follow the roar, racing to get there and see what's up.
      In the distance I can see a large shape, it's must be the monster we're suppose to fight for our job. Happy flies me over to it. Up close I can see it so much better, the beast has black eyes and is gigantic. How could we not have seen it before? It has a black and deep purple body with weird red things sticking out of it. It's like fur, but it's almost like tentacles. It's so odd.
Happy drops me off close, but not so close I'm automatically having to fight, before he flies off to find Natsu and help him. I start to run to the monster and pull out my keys. When I'm closer I summon Taurus. He pops up and automatically starts hitting on me. Why did I summon him again? "Hello luuucccyyy, how about yooouuu give me a smooooch?"
"No way!" I shout at him, he face drops and he pouts.
"Now," I command "please go take down that monster"
"Of course! I'll take down any monster if it means you'll kiss me!"
"I NEVER SAID THAT!" I yell before rolling my eyes.
"Finnnnnneeee" he complains before rushing off to help defeat the beast.
I pull out my whip, I don't want my friends to have to fight alone. I rush to the tower beast and hit him across the arm with my whip. I slash him again and again but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Natsu is fighting the monster too and I hear him shout "FIRE DRAGON ROAR". Fire surrounds the monster and another roar bellows out of it before his limp, charcoaled body hits the ground. I run sideways so the beast doesn't fall on me.
                            •     •     •

      Natsu walks over to me with one of his glowing smiles again. He laughed and I blush slightly. He looks so cute. "Hey Lucy! Did ya see that?!" He gloats. I smile and giggle too "yeah, you did good!" I replied. He chuckled and pulled me towards him "it was pretty simple but it wasn't all me. You did a great job and so did Taurus". "Thanks" I smile up at him. I had already sent Taurus back to the spirit world. He had tried flirting with me again, begging for a kiss. And I had gotten mad and sent him off.
      But now that we finished the job. Where were the people? We need to get paid. Natsu and I walk around Uteki for a bit but still can't find anyone. Drowsiness is taking ahold of me. I still haven't slept since two nights ago. I stumble a little but keep going. It's getting pretty hard to even blink. Because it's getting a lot easier to close my eyes and harder to open them.
      Natsu is walking ahead of me leading the way. He suddenly stops and holds his hand out. Blocking me from continuing to walk. He sniffs the air. "Natsu?" I ask. He doesn't answer at first. Then he shouts "get down" and grabs me. He pushes me to the floor with him still attached to me. He falls on top of me and I hear a whooshing. Then a burst of light fills the sky. An explosion? Natsu suddenly stands and looks around. He grabs me and starts running in the direction where the explosion came from. "Natsu!" Happy shouts before flying quickly to us. He grabs ahold of both of us and flies into the sky.
      "Ugh! Lucy! Your so heavy" Happy complains. "Heavy?! What are talking about you stupid blue cat?!" I yell at him. He flies quickly to the vicinity. Then drops us to the ground when we land. He gasps for air "Lucy! Why are you so heavy?!" I can hear Natsu laugh. "Shut it blue cat or else!" I shout. We look around and something catches my eye. I look over to see something glinting on the ground. I brush away the dirt and I see metal. What? "Hey, Natsu, look at this" I call to him. "What is it?" He says while walking up to me. "I don't know, just look at this". I step back for him to see the metal. He brushes away more dirt and I can make out a trapdoor. What is it doing here? "What the...?"
"I don't know" I reply, but then Natsu turns around I can see his smiling face. Full of stupidity. And I already know what he's going to say even before he does.
"Well I guess we'll just have to investigate won't we" and then he flings open the trapdoor.

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Thank you for reading my story! Sorry if it's not very good, I'm trying really hard to make everyone in character. It's my first story that I've published and I'm going to try and post the chapters as much as possible. I don't really have a schedule yet, so sorry. But thanks again for reading my fanfic! Have a great day everyone!