Male Reader X Nitori

[The red string of fate]

Your POV

I walk along the river, following the red string attached on my pinky. Always on this 'special' day, a ghost like red string of fate appears on everyone's finger so they could find their loved one.

I look up at the beautiful fireworks that are appearing on the sky. I smile looking ahead sadly, it's already been 12 times I have missed him, I could never catch him on time before the string disappeared. I don't have any friends or family left anymore so I'd really want to see him this time. My friends at the moment always said I didn't spend enough time with them, so one day they just left me without saying a word. And since I didn't really care about people that time  I just let them and never bothered to get new friends. I never had any parents too, though I had adoptive parents before they died in a plane crash. I know, my life is like a sad cliche.

At first I was fine, but now that I've been completely alone for 4 years, I've been getting more and more depressed. I really hope I could see my soulmate today and be with him. I look at the clock on my phone. Shit, it's almost the time. I tear up and start walking faster in hopes of catching him this time. I look up ahead and see two girls holding a grey haired boy in their arms as he's struggling.

"Lemme go! He might still be looking for me!", the boy yells.

I lift my hand and see the string connecting to his pinky...

"But you have to make sure he wants to be with you!", the other girl says.

"Yeah, have you ever wondered why it's been 12 times already and you haven't seen him?", the other girl asks.

I walk towards them quietly and they don't even seem to notice me. The boy freezes in place, looking at the ground.

"B-But, he's my soulmate, o-of course he would come looking for me..", he says sadly.

My eyes widen. I'm here!

"But what if he saw you and now doesn't want to be with you.", the first girl says.

The boy tears up, looking at the ground. I'm close enough to pick him up in my arms. I push the girls out of my way and lift the boy in the air by his waist. He gasps and wraps his arms around my shoulder to hold himself up properly but it's not like I would let him drop. I cry silently on his shoulder.

"I found you.", I say quietly.

He lifts his arms a little and I let him down on the ground again, pulling away from his shoulder. I lift my own pinky and his eyes widen. The strings are connected. A few tears fall down my cheeks.

"I finally found you.", I say, smiling widely.