Christmas day

Immediately after waking up, I put on my extra warm sweatpants with my cozy sweater. I ran down stairs and gave my mom a big hug. I stole her flat grey cap off the counter and put it on because I like it and it reminds me of her whenever she isn't home. I always stole her hat. I think I wear it now more than she does. She and my father were making pancakes. After breakfast, my siblings were not up, so I wasn't allowed to open my presents yet. Instead, I pulled on my winter clothes and boots and ran out the door toward Sam's house. When I got to my destination, I knocked on the door five times in the rhythmic pattern Sam told me to use so that she could tell it was me at the door instead of a stranger. She came to the door and opened it wide, giving me a big hug. She let me in and brought me to the living room, even though I could find my way through her house even with my eyes closed. I could hear her brother who liked being called Cry, snoring in the other room. We sat down in the living room in front of the heater and warmed up for a few minutes, just talking.
"Do you want to go open out gifts now?" Sam asked me. I nodded in return. We both stood up and got our winter gear on again so that we could go up to the treehouse in the backyard and open the gifts under our makeshift tree.
"Oh! You wrapped it so nicely!" Sam said as she picked up her perfectly wrapped gift. And I picked up mine.
"Same time?"
"Same time. "
We both opened our gifts and looked at them in awe.
"Oh my gracious! Sam, how did you get this?" I said pointing to the septiceye, swimming happily in it's tank. The same septiceye that I have wanted since two years ago. It was no doubt how much I wanted this because there were catalog clippings of septiceyes everywhere in the treehouse.
"I worked really hard all year and got the money. Then I took one of the magazine clippings from in here without you noticing and bought it online. It got here last week and it has been really hard to keep a secret." Sam explained.
"Do you like yours?" I asked, pointing to the collage of pictures I made. The pictures and drawings were of Sam and I having fun together over the years. It was all in a pretty picture frame that was green and sparkly.
"Oh, Jack! I love it! Thank you so much!" She said, full of enthusiasm.