Chapter 7: Getting Caught!

Mako stares at the young teen with disbelief. "Y-you're gay?" He asks him. "Yeah... I've known this for almost all my life, but since all of us already got so close, I just became too scared to tell you guys. Because what if I wouldn't be accepted an-" "Yumi, stop. It's okay, I- ehh we still love you even if you're gay." Mako says with a smile, delegating between also coming clean or not. "So, Yumi?" Mako says nervously, playing with a piece of grass. "What?" Yumi asked scared. "You're not alone. Because I'm gay too." Mako says looking away. Yumi is completely shocked and surprised, but tries to hide his excitement. "I think I know how you feel, by being too scared to tell the others and if they would distance themselves from you, but frankly I don't care anymore. Neither of us should. We should enjoy being us, and I'd only enjoy that when I can be with you.." Mako says looking at the night sky, but after realizing what he said he covers his mouth, angry at himself for accidentally saying that last sentence. Yumi's eyes widen and he stares at Mako without saying a word. Mako starts rambling with his eyes closed "Oh my god I am so sorry I didn't me-" he was cut off by the warm sensation of Yumi's lips on his. After the short kiss on the mouth, Yumi pulls back and looks at Mako. He suddenly gets extremely red and awkward. "I'm so sorry, that was way too impulsive... I'll just go sit inside again." He says after which he stands up and tries to walk away, but gets forced to stoop in his tracked as his friend grabs his arm. Yumi turns around and looks straight into the big sparkly green eyes of the backstroke swimmer. "Yumi-Chan, I do feel the same. And I love you." Mako says with a smile. Yumi says nothing, but instead goes on to sit on his lap. He softly caresses the other boy's cheek, after which he gave him a long, soft kiss on the mouth.

*meanwhile inside Yumi's place*

"Is it just me, or have Yumi and Mako been gone for a long time." Rei says, while softly touching his cheek. "Yeah, it's been so long the movie even finished without them." Nagisa says with a laugh. "I'll go check what they are doing!" Nagisa continued. "I'll join you!" Gou says with a smile. As Gou and Nagisa walked down the stairs they look at eachother and smirk, hoping to find what they want to find. Once they both slowly creep their heads around the terrace door, they do see what they wanted. Yumi was lying on top of Mako with his hands intertwined into the green eyed teens as both were romantically dominating each others tongues. "Oh. My. God." Gou whispers. "They're actually. Aargh-" Gou exclaims with a scream, muted by Nagisa just in time. "So, are we gonna surprise them?" Nagisa says with a slight smirk. Gou, still trying to hold in her scream nods yes and she follows Nagisa's lead.

Nagisa slowly creeps outside. Luckily for him, not wearing shoes makes sure he isn't heard at all by the kissing couple. After a few more steps he puts his hands to rest at his waist and lets out a soft cough as the red haired girl behind him is still trying to hold in her screams of excitement. In just a split second Yumi and Mako both jump up and look at their two friends with the worst 'I just got caught' faces imaginable. "So, it seems like you two had something more fun to do than watching a horror movie." Nagisa points out with a wink. "We ehh... We were..." Mako tries to say, but both boys are still so frozen out of embarrassment, neither of them could bring out a clear sentence. "No it's okay guys!" Nagisa said with a smile. "Gou and I were actually trying to set you guys up since the start! Right Gou?" He continues, after which he looks at Gou, who slowly loses colour by holding her breath. "Gou, you can breathe!" Nagisa says in slight panic. Gou looks at him and slowly releases her hands away from her mouth. "OH. MY. GOD. THAT IS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN I NEED MORE OF IT YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE PLEASE STAY TOGETHER FOREVER AND GET MARRIED AND DO IT AGAIN-" Gou yells out after which all three guys run towards her to cover her mouth with her hands, trying to make sure the rest of the group doesn't find out what happened.

"What the hell is happening downstairs?!" Rin asks with a slightly annoyed tone. "I have no idea, let's check it out." Rei says with a pale face. Rin, Rei and Haru walk downstairs only to find Mako and Yumi sitting in the middle of the living room, bright red of embarrassment and Gou and Nagisa standing in front of them ranting about how cute they are. "Hey, what's going on?" Rin asks, leaning against the doorframe. "Oh, nothi-" Gou tried to say, but she was interrupted by Nagisa accidentally flopping out "YUMI AND MAKO KISSED." Nagisa's comment envoked irritation in Mako, Yumi and Gou, who were complaining towards the young boy about how he should shut his mouth, Rin and Rei who were just plain confused and surprised and Haru who simple stared at them with his eyes slightly widened.
After a few minutes they all went to sit down for further explanation. "So, after Yumi and I went to sit outside we had a deep conversation, but this time we both dared to confess.." Before Mako finishes his sentence, he looks at Yumi for approval which the dark brown haired teen bravely gave. "We are in love." Mako finishes, after which he grabs Yumi's hands and stares at the rest with his emerald green eyes filled with fear. Rin and Rei look at each other and then back at the two lovers. "We know." They say in unison. "What?" Gou, Nagisa, Mako and Yumi say simultaneously. Both Rin and Rei start to laugh. "Not only did we hear Nagisa and Gou discuss set up plans almost every day, but we noticed how you guys stare at eachother, especially during the spin the bottle earlier this evening. With all the calculations together, only one possible answer comes out: love!" Rei says with a wink. Everyone laughs except for Haru, who makes eye contact with Mako. "Haru, are you okay..?" Mako thinks to himself. "I wish I could tell him." The blue haired boy thinks in response to the look of his green eyed friend. "Well, I'm happy for you two, but it is way to late and I promised my mom that I'll be home before 2, so I'll be going. Happy birthday Yumi." Haru says with a weak smile after which he swiftly leaves Yumi's home. "Something is going on." Rin thinks to himself.