The Officer's Daughter

With hurried secrecy you placed your father files back where you'd found them, hoping the jostling of the train wouldn't wake him. You'd never admit it to him or anyone else your father knew but you'd developed quite a fascination with Thomas Shelby, the newest of your father's suspects.

Unlike the others he seemed overly clever and was deviously handsome judging by his picture. The thought of setting eyes on the real man himself had you smiling to yourself while your head wondered, daydreams of blue eyes and rebellious words had you sighing contentedly.

It was weeks before you had your first look of the man, you'd gasped and watched him a little too closely, he'd noticed you staring and stared right back as he walked past you a cigarette dangling from his lips.

Eventually he found out who you were, approaching you at the Garrison, asking why Campbell's daughter would be hanging around in his bar. Your eagerness to get to know him amused him.

He found you at aa dance you were attending, watching you turn away e#ach person who attempted to dance with you, deciding that perhaps he'd ask you. He smiled when you didn't notice him approaching.

"Miss Campbell would you care to dance?" Tommy asked.

"I think my father would complain." You nodded your head towards your father who was stood with his back to you.

"Well perhaps we'll dance another time." With that he kissed your hand and left.

You stepped silently past your father's bedroom, hurrying down the stairs and meeting Tommy in 'the usual spot' something that was now a habit for you. He would let himself smile when he saw you, nervously hurrying towards him no matter how many times you snuck out.

You grinned happily, letting him wrap an arm around you as you threw yours around his neck, his lips gently pressing to yours. Your heart pounded when you were with Tommy, the thrill of being with him often left you light headed, he'd sweep you away in a whirl wind of excitement.

Neither of you minded keeping these moments a secret, the late night adventures. While he knew it was a thrill for you and enjoyed seeing the happy look on his face, he loved the sweet innocence you seemed to have, everything he did caught your attention and you couldn't help but be thrilled with whatever he showed you.

It was what Tommy looked forward to at the end of a long day, pushing the need to sleep back for a few hours, just so he could see that smile of yours and hear that laugh.

"I love you (Y/N)." He whispered to himself as he pressed a kiss into your hair.