Assassin

"Done and I want twice the money." You declared as you let yourself into Tommy's office.

"You'll have the amount we agreed on." Tommy sighed and tossed a pile of money on his desk, you smiled when you spotted the black silk ribbon that he used to signify the money was for you.

"Who's covering the costs of the damages?" You huffed and he rolled his eyes.

"How much extra do you want?" He asked reluctantly and fished his cigarette tin from his pocket.

"A hundred." You hummed and cocked your head as he sighed.

"Fifty." He grunted after some thought and you clicked your tongue in irritation, watching as he rounded his desk and sat on the corner. "Bloody hell what mess have you made now."

"It's best that you don't know Darling, you already look suspicious enough, you should really listen to me instead of snapping your fingers and have me kill." You sighed and took his cigarette from his lips. "Besides this one was a little more complicated."

"Thought you said women killers make less mess?" Tommy teased and you let out a light laugh as you reached over for his whisky tumblers and poured yourself a drink.

"No Thomas I said I'd be better at it than a man, it isn't my fault your fat little judge escaped me." You pouted and knocked back your drink as he looked you over.

He slowly made his way to the back of his desk and dug through the drawers. "Fine, but you owe me a bottle of whiskey." He sighed and tossed another lump of money at you.

"Very well, by the way I won't be in town for a while." You hummed and slinked your way towards the office door.

"Here I was thinking I was the only man for you." Tommy muttered and placed a hand over his heart and chuckled.

"You can always dream Mr Shelby." You chuckled and went to leave but he called after you.

"Where will you be?" He asked and the look in his eyes told you he knew you wouldn't tell him.

"Oh here and there, but don't worry Darling, if I hear about you I'll call." You finally walked off, heading to your car where your driver was waiting, smiling to yourself as Tommy lent against the porch wall and watched you drive away.

"You've been gone a while." Tommy muttered as you walked through the house and found him leaning against the wall of his office.

"Well I've been a busy girl." You sighed and sat in one of the chairs facing him, leaning into it as you waited for him to speak.

"I have work for you." Was all he said as he handed you a list of names and a large wad of cash.

"What's this for?" you asked him and watched as he sighed.

"You're getting a raise." He muttered and you rolled your eyes. "Besides you bring me good whiskey." He winked and you rolled your eyes as he smiled to himself.

"Polly said you missed me?" You muttered and watched as he clenched his jaw.

"Well you have a look about you that keeps the men in check." He teased and you rolled your eyes.

"If that's all I guess I'll be off." You stood to leave but he hurried to grip your arm, looking at you as if he wanted to say something.

"Never mind." He muttered and you nodded as you head off.

"(Y/N)!" Tommy called and slammed his car door shut as you headed towards your own car, both ignoring your mess that slumped at the side of the road.

"Tommy, Darling what are you doing here?" You sighed and he rolled his cigarette between his fingers.

"You haven't been paid." He mumbled and you giggled at him.

"Tommy, we both know you could have sent it to me... I gave you my address in Paris?" You asked and he nodded. "Besides I'll be back in the spring."

"You'll miss Christmas." He offered lamely and you hummed in agreement.

"I know, but I sent your bot a gift." You smiled when he let out a defeated sigh. "Don't worry Darling I have a gift for you to." With that you took his cigarette in your hands and kissed him softly, smiling when he moved into the kiss before frowning when you pulled away.

"What if I need someone to be dealt with while you're away?" He mumbled and you shrugged smoking his cigarette as you walked to your car.

"You're a capable man Tommy." You said as you climbed in and your driver pulled away, leaving him watching you vanish again.