Chapter 2: Adjusting

ROCKY'S P.O.V
We were all playing outside, waiting for the rest of the PAW Patrol to return. Marshall was sleeping, Rubble was digging bones in the yard, and Zuma was playing with the watering hose. I stretched and lay down in the shade, awaiting for their return. I really wish I could of went with them, just to see Everest. I sorta like Everest. We've never really had an actual conversation outside of missions, but I think she's really pretty. But lately, Marshall has gone goo-goo eyes for her. I don't think he knows that she's made for me, and not for him. She never even talked to Marshall. And he thinks he can win her over? Pathetic. Marshall honestly doesn't have any real talents, apart from being clumsy, which really shouldn't be a talent. I must've daydreamed for a while, because Chase's police siren woke me up. They're back! Skye was right behind Chase, and they both parked their cars. "Hey guys." Skye's voice rang my ears. Marshall got out of his pup house, yawned, and said "Good morning guys!" Skye and Chase didn't seem too "good." "What's wrong?" I ask. "Guys, listen up, I have important news. Ryder's not with us anymore for a bit, so until further notice, I'm in charge." Said Chase. Ugh. Always Chase. Ryder's favourite who's always in charge of everything. Why does it have to be him? "What happened?" Asked Marshall. "Well," said Skye. "Ryder hurt his arm and he's in the hospital for a few weeks." A FEW WEEKS? With Chase in charge? This is gonna be horrible. Welp, this is going to be a long ride.
RUBBLE'S P.O.V
Woah woah woah. This has all been very sudden to me. Ryder's gone? That'll be interesting. How can we do missions without him? And all this thinking made me hungry. I walk into the lookout, hoping that Ryder could give me a treat. But no sign of Ryder. Then it hits me. He's in the hospital. Great. How are we going to eat? Welp, this is gonna be a long ride.