Ch. 15- I Have a Philosophical Discussion with a Creature of Death...

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE BELOW!!!! VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE NEWS

~~~

"I'll be fine guys, really I will. I'll just be a little more tired and sensitive for a little bit, but I will recover. So no becoming mother hens you hear? Now, is hat all you need or is there even more to discuss?"

"No," Dumbledore answered, unlocking his hands from behind his back and walking froward between the two younger men. "We have learned much today and have a lot to worry about. I suggest we all retire. Both you and Severus have a large challenge before you, onto of the other threats looming over our heads. We must be extremely vigilant now. Get some rest, but we will have to talk more..." His words ended there and a sense of finality was released with them. It was true; Severus and Percy did have a large challenge before them. They made a promise to Minerva and would be wise to see it through. They also ha to protect the school and the thoughts of somebody on the inside being responsible meant they had even more to be on the lookout for.

~~~ 

The door seemed to slam behind them after they had left the perimeter of Dumbledore's study. Snape stood erect with his shoulders and chin held high whereas Percy seemed to be wilting, his shoulders hunching and body weighed down. He had heavyset bags under his eyes and his skin appeared discolored, though it was hard to tell since Percy was practically albino after his unexpected transformation. But even still, his skin would normally have a silver, almost luminescent quality to it. Now, it might as well have been dull, aged paper brittle to any disturbance.

Snape gave him a worried side glance as he noticed the tension and wincing his friend expressed when moving. Percy withheld a groan as he fought against his lead ridden bones, feeling the concern emanating from the man beside him. His body was still in great pain, but now everything was sore as well. He just wanted to sit down in an ice bath or cuddle a hundred hot water bottles. But he bit his tongue and moved on because he would rather be damned than let pain stop him now. Though, depending who you asked, he could very well be damned already.

In his opinion, he was damned.

He walked a few steps then paused as lighting shot up his legs, frying his nerves as they overdosed on pain. His leg nearly gave out but he locked it into place, tensing the muscles in order to keep standing, but his stumble did not go unnoticed.

"I'm fine Sev, really."

"Could've fooled me..."

Percy wanted to snap out a witty or sassy remark but he knew Snape was right. He let down his guard and let them see him weakened. That meant they could now read the signs and would be keener observers. He wanted to be annoyed by that and true, it didn't make his job any easier, but it also meant they cared enough to be concerned for his wellbeing. That was somewhat heartwarming.

"I'll be fine, I promise. It's just a little pain. I've handled worse."

"As if that provides any comfort..."

"What do you want me to say Sev? It's not the first time I've done something stupid and have suffered through intense pain and it certainly won't be the last. It's-"

"A part of who you are. Yes, I gathered that. Doesn't mean I approve."

"You don't need to approve." You just need to support me...

Snape glared at his friend for his blatancy and flippant attitude. He had no real comeback because it was true. He had no jurisdiction over Percy and had no right to get involved, though he thought that was what a friend should do. He opened his mouth to speak but paused, taking a moment to observe the man beside him.