Ch. 17- Little White Lies and Half Truths

Now, I've been juggling this idea around for a while, but I am curious about your responses. Would you guys be down for a Live Stream/YouNow/Periscope/something LiveChat with me? Like a live Q&A and/or talk to the author thing? You can ask your questions about the book, about me, about my schedule and so on. It's just an idea, but what do you think? (no one really responded/read this so I'm putting it in the beginning)

READ MY AUTHOR NOTE AT THE BOTTOM

~~~

The walk back to the school was tense to say the least, but Ron and Harry had trouble not giggling at Professor McGonagall. It was late at night, maybe even early morning by now and they had no doubt Professor Jackson's wolves had woken up the two other Professors up, with little time to spare. McGonagall was wearing a long white satin nightgown with a deep green velvet robe haphazardly thrown and tied on around her. Her hair might have been in a braid at the beginning of the night but fuzzy strands hung loosely around her, more than half of her hair free from the ribbon. She was a disheveled mess in her pajamas and slippers, and her anger could barely mask the ridiculousness of her appearance and gait upon entering and leaving the forest.

The tense atmosphere probably didn't help their giggles die down either.

Their march to Dumbledore's office passed by in a blur and before they knew it, they were standing side by side in front of his desk, a beady and angry eyed Minerva glaring down on them. They stood there under her acidic gaze for an eternity, begging for someone to come in and distract her. It wasn't long before their prayers were answered, but her eyes never waved upon Dumbledore's entrance. Instead, her frame began to shake at the barely controlled outburst she had been containing. As Dumbledore passed the Trio without a side glance, she ended her silence.

"How long has it been? How long!?!" she yelled, stalking up to them, nearly spitting in Ron's face with the forceful delivery of her question. "It hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours since you accused Malfoy of cursing Katie, a curse intended for Dumbledore and now we find you stalking one of your Professors?!" The Trio hung their heads down as Professor McGonagall paced back and forth across the floor of Dumbledore's office. Her voice had raised in volume and pitch as she reached the end of her sentence, her voice nearly breaking towards the end because he situation was so outlandish to her. Dumbledore and the three students sat and stood there watching her, unwilling to interrupt her frustrated rant, afraid of the repercussions if the did. "Your improvidence is astounding! Did you really think you could get away with this? Sneaking off into the Forbidden Forest, stalking and spying on a Professor, throwing around baseless accusations! Why I-" she huffed and tried to collect herself, which was hard given her current state. "I had expected more from you three." They visibly recoiled at those biting words as the depth of their actions began to sink in.

"So maaaybe we did stalk the Professor." Ron admitted, trying to make things better. "That's not a bad thing....right?" He had asked this question in the hope of easing the tension and calming the raving Professor but the question seemed to push her off the deep end and he cowered at her reply.

"Not-not a bAD THING?!" Minerva sputtered. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish as she tried to overcome her shock and anger. Dumbledore, sensing she was about ready to explode, quickly stepped up and placed his hand on her shoulder, temporarily placating her.

"I am going to pretend I did not hear you ask that question. You already know the answer, or at least you should. And if you don't, then we have a very large problem on our hands." Dumbledore stopped in front of them, looking them all in the eye. "We have been very lenient towards your behavior in past years, but stalking a Professor, invading their privacy, and being downright antagonist towards them is unacceptable! Now I know you three to be relatively reasonable and logical, not to mention curious, so the question is, why do you have such an obsession in regards to Professor Jackson?" The question hung in the air and the three stood there, unable to answer.