Chapter 2

I sat there shocked. They both stared at me. What would I even say?
    "You're..." I spoke lightly and trailed off. What should I say? This was the worst situation,  I just lost my mom and my dad was sitting across from me completely oblivious to the fact that he is my dad.
     "What?" Sam asked patiently. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts. I guess I would have to say something. I would want him to know what he did. He just recklessly had a kid and didn't even care! I would've  loved to have had a father growing up but I never knew my father. I rolled my eyes.
   "My mother always told me about my father." I began speaking. Sam shook his head as if to ask, what does this have to do with anything?" My father was a dingy low-life but I guess he saved her life. He only stayed with her for a week before he left and was never seen again. She never told him she was pregnant with me, and he still doesn't know." I said solemnly trying to maintain a forlorn tone.
    "what does this have to do with anything?" Sam asked.
    "Dean Winchester is my father."
    " That can't be." Sam declared shaking his head.
     " Hold on Sammy, I think I know what she's talking about." Dean said stopping Sam from protesting. " Why do you think I rushed to this case so quickly? I had a case here 13 years ago and I saved Christina Day."
   Sam gave a stupid look, confused and slightly angered.
   "That was the victim." Sam flared his nostrils,obviously agitated.
    "Ya, when I saw this case  I thought maybe I never really finished the job."
     "Dean, no." Anger began to take its place in my heart. I couldn't stand how they talked about me like I wasn't here. I sat there feeling invisible, it was a back and forth conversation between them and I was the subject, but I rarely spoke.
     "Do you have any other family members?" Dean finally asked me.
     "No they said unless my dad turned up and claimed custody of me, I would be put into foster care." Dean scowled, then began to lean back in his chair, he seemed tense.
    "We can't leave her here you know what that foster system does to kids." Sam whispered  to dean.
     "Yes but what's worse,  monsters and demons, or the foster system?" Dean asked, worried.
      "Leave me here I would rather rot Than have to be with the father who was never there for me." I growled. I didn't want to go with him, he was never there so am I supposed to just instantly be his best friend?
     "I can't leave you here to rot. You're my kid." Dean stated in a sort-of thinking out loud kind of way.
   "She's your daughter." Sam whispered.
    "I need a minute to process this." Dean replied wiping sweat off his forehead.
     "You can't just leave her here!" Sam yelled.
     "Don't you think I know that!" Dean was getting frustrated.
     "She can stay in the bunker with Cas, she could go to school, she could have a good life." Sam explained.
    " How do we hide what we do. I don't want her to know." He whispered as low as he could.
    "Know what? That monsters are real?" I asked. I knew all along, by the things they asked, what I saw that night, and even before then strange things happened and nothing ever had an explanation.
    "What are you talking about?" Dean asked pretending to be confused.
     "I'm not a baby and I'm smart enough to take note of my surroundings,  I mean come on its too obvious. Monsters, ghosts, spirits, whatever. They're real. I've seen them." Dean smoothed back his hair and sighed as he leaned way back in his chair.
      "I don't know how, but your my kid and I will get you out of here." Dean stated dramatically.
      "Sure. But you can't force me to like you." I stated remaining defiant.
       He sighed and stood up and Sam followed suite. Then they left. They didn't say goodbye or anything,  he seemed like he would have been a good father, if he had bothered to show up to meet his kid.
      I spent the next few days in the orphanage grieving my mother and agonizing over living with Dean. I was fuming, how could he just decide never to meet his own daughter? What did I ever do? But after those few days I had a chance to cool down a little, and I figured it wasn't his fault. I was still angry but being angry wasn't going to bring my mother back.
     I'm not sure how he passed with all those fake I.D.s and credit cards but soon enough I packed my bags and they picked me up from the orphanage. I was heading to my new home. And I was dreading it.