chapter three

Mike stares at the nurse. "The thing is she doesn't really know her parents." Mike explains, the nurse furrows her eyebrows. "Oh... she's in foster care?" The nurse wonders. "Well no.. its more complicated than that" Mike replies itching his head. "Kids.." the nurse chuckles. Mike sighs not spending anymore time talking to the woman since she thinks all he's saying is misbelief.

A professional doctor walks into the ward and approaches Eleven. "I have the results.." the doctor replies, staring at the boy next to the bed. "Where's her parents?" He asked thinking they'd be sitting with her. "The boy said she doesn't know them.. not really sure what he's talking about, I'm guessing she told him he was sick and he took her to the hospital without telling the parents?" The nurse wonders, impressed with her theory. "Ah, I see." The man says scratching his beard as he stared at the young boy. "So what do the results say is she okay?" Mike asked.

"She's very weak her oxygen levels are down, so we're going to put her on oxygen for tonight but other than that she's okay we put some fluids in her.. she'll be okay by tomorrow morning" The doctor explains.

"She hasn't been eating properly.. she's been going through a lot of difficulties, since she spent most of her life with Dr.Brenner took her." Mike mumbles. "You know Martin Brenner?" The doctor wonders. "Yes, the evil man that used Eleven for-" Mike knew he was talking too much, telling people about her abilities would just get her more at risk.. even if Martin Brenner was dead that didn't mean people couldn't still capture her because of her abilities and use her for attention, he couldn't trust anyone.

"Is she the girl, he used in the lab.. she has abilities am I right? I read it in a news article a few months ago and she looks a lot like they described her to be". The doctor says. Mike gulps and doesn't reply the nurse looks confused at what they're talking about. "011" the doctor replies, looking at the tattoo on her small wrist as she sleeps on the hospital bed breathing through an oxygen mask quietly.

"Sir your father is here." Says the receptionist to Mike. "Oh okay" Mike sighs.

He then approaches Eleven even though she was sleeping. "I'll talk to you tomorrow El, I promise straight after school at 3:15 I'll be here" Mike says softly to her as she sleeps, he touches her soft arm. He then approaches the doctor. "You know about her, and her abilities... and you know people are capable of harming her or... capturing her, please tell me she's protected here." Mike says worriedly. "You're a wise young man, and I promise you she'll be safe in this hospital." The doctor then replies.

"Thank you so much" Mike says before running out the ward, he grabbed his backpack which he left on the reception chair and to the hospital main entrance to get his bike which he left on the floor and manages to fit it in in the back of his dads car, he then goes in. "Great now I have this muddy old bike dirtying up my car and I don't know what you were thinking pedalling to the hospital at this time of night.. but I don't want to think, I just want to get home and sleep so your mother stops complaining about you." His dad says driving down the street.

"I know and I'm sorry... but she's alive dad, she's really really alive.. wait until my friends here about this." He grins. "You seem really happy about it kid, I'm pleased for you." His dad says. Mike was happy, really missed Eleven he didn't think he'd ever see her ever again it felt like a fantasy but it's real, he finally found her and couldn't seem to wipe the cheesy grin off his face. His father parked his car at their house driveway. They get out the car and walk back in the house. "Now go see your mom before she gets a heart attack and get some rest.. I'm going to sleep" his dad yawns going up the stairs.

"Oh Michael I'm so glad you're home." His mother says giving him a big bear hug "I was gone for forty-five minutes mom." He replies, "I know but I thought you got kidnapped the thought of you waddling around at this time of night makes me sick you know? I need to know my sticky puddings safe." She says squishing his cheeks. "But I'm not your sticky pudding anymore, I'm fourteen years old, I know what I'm doing I was gonna make my own way home safely." He replies. "I know, I know.. maybe I'm being a bit too over protective but don't ever do that again young man or there will be serious consequences"

Nancy runs down the stairs. "So is it true, you seriously found Eleven?" "Yeah crazy right she was in the woods, you should of seen her it looked like she hadn't slept in years.. but she's okay now she's at the hospital and they're taking care of her." Mike explained. "That's so amazing, you're seriously her night and shining armour." Nancy smirks. "Shut up." Mike blushes . "Oooh, is someone getting red?" Nancy chuckles. "How's Steve?... I mean Jonathan?" Mike mocks. "Oh shut up Mike" Nancy blurts, throwing a sock at him, Mike sticks his tongue at her. "Okay guys enough of this, we'll talk more about things tomorrow, right now you both need to get to bed are you forgetting it's a school night?! come on" his mom says, guiding them up the stairs. "And Mike no talking to your friends about it now, do all that tomorrow I don't want you waking them up too." His mom says, Mike sighs "okay, okay"

He goes over to his bedroom and took his coat off, he threw his backpack on the floor realising he was completely exhausted, but excited to tell his friends the news and see El tomorrow. He went in his bed and went straight to sleep.