chapter eleven

no pun intended ^^

Hopper then stopped the car at Joyce house, "Thanks Hopper" Joyce says. "I'll call you tonight" she added.

"Come on kids" Joyce replies opening the car door and shutting it, The kids do as same and follow Joyce into the house, "Are you okay Eleven?" Joyce asks curiously putting her hand on her arm, Eleven nodded she then went upstairs to the bathroom and closed the door. "I guess she just needs some time it must've been hard to first see her mother." Joyce bites her lip. "Yeah" Mike says, "I forgot I need to pick up Will from his dads, I'll only be twenty minutes could you stay here with Eleven? I think Jonathan's in his room." Joyce explains putting her coat back on. "Yeah that's fine" Mike assured.

"I'll be back soon" Joyce walks out the door and shuts it. "He then walks upstairs and see's Jonathan and Nancy on his bed writing on some notebooks, "Jonathan you idiot, I was gonna write that" Nancy giggles throwing a small scrunched up piece of paper at him, "Oh..Mike you're here" Nancy says as he see'a him outside the room, "Is Eleven here?" Nancy wondered. "Yeah, yeah she's in the bathroom." Mike says, Nancy nods. "Where's my mom?" Jonathan asked. "She's gone to pick up Will" Mike then replied. "Okay"

Mike walks away from the room after interrupting them from their little 'project' He then heard Eleven crying in the bathroom, he then put his ear to the door, he knocked on it gently but didn't get a response, "El?" He knocks again, and then opened it carefully he saw Eleven sitting next to the bath holding her knees and crying her eyes out all the emotions she was holding to shut herself in the bathroom and cry. "El" Mike replies sympathetically. He then shuts the door behind him and sits next to her. "Do you Remember what you used to say to me El? 'Friends don't lie' If you're not okay El, you can tell me." Mike says carefully holding her hand. Eleven held his hand tightly. "I'm sorry" she whispers.

"It's okay El you don't need to apologise.. I just want you to be okay.. Is it your mom, do you miss her?" He asks. El nods. "I'm broken." She whispers.

"Broken you're not broken El-"

"Yes.. I am Mike.. I can't be fixed" Her eyes stream with more tears, "Papa has broken me.. and I can't be fixed" She sobs. "El don't think like that" Mike says wiping her tears with his hands. "You are strong and brave, you can get through anything you will be fixed you can be fixed." Mike says looking at Elevens uncertain eyes. "Promise?" Eleven whispers. "I promise you El." Mike says, and gives El a warm hug, Eleven wraps her arms around him tightly. Will opens the bathroom door and Eleven and Mike depart from each other.
"You're amazing do you know that?" Mike says. "Am-azing? Is that good?" Eleven sniffs, "Yes, it's good, it's very good you're amazing El." he replies, which makes Eleven smile. "See that's the smile I wanna see." Mike says. Eleven rests her head on his shoulder for a couple of minutes.

Oh, sorry for interrupting." Will says gleaming his eyes at them. "You're back." Mike says, Eleven lifts her head back up.

"Yeah, is everything okay?" Will asks looking at Mike and then Elevens damp eyes. "Yeah she's okay" Mike says. Mike and Eleven stand up. "Okay, well look at these dragon cards my dad got me." Will says showing them to Mike. "

"Wow, wait you have a gold one? no way!" Mike says holding it. "Yep a super rare, soon I'll get all the rare ones." Will says taking it back from him. "They'll be hard to get but it's not impossible."

"How are you Eleven, I haven't talked to you much.." Will asks. "I'm okay thank you." Eleven smiles. "Cool.." Will soon replies. "Cool" Eleven repeats which makes the kids chuckle. "Kids I made mac and cheese, come and eat some before it gets cold" Will's mother shouts from downstairs the kids run to the kitchen everyone loves mac and cheese. Jonathan and Nancy were already sitting at the table with a bowl of macaroni and cheese. "Hey Eleven are you okay?" Nancy smiles. "Yes.. thankyou" Eleven says softly, she then sits next to Mike and Will. Joyce places three bowls of mac and cheese on the table and some forks. "Bon' appetite everyone" Joyce smiles. "I hope it taste nice, I'm not sure I put enough cheese." Joyce says. "It tastes amazing Mrs.Byers" Nancy replied, "Why thank you Nancy." Joyce smiles eating some. Eleven never tried Macaroni and Cheese before but she knew that she loved it  nearly as much as Eggos. When they were finished, Jonathan and Nancy put everyone's plates away and washed them.

"So what are you kids gonna do now?" Joyce wondered drying her hands with a towel. We could go to the park and ask Lucas and Dustin to meet us there."  Mike suggested. "Okay I'll go and call them" Will says running to get his walkie talkie. "Okay but don't stay at the park too long." Joyce smiles wiping the kitchen table. "Do you wanna go to the park El?" Mike asks, Eleven nods smiling. Mike and Eleven put their shoes on. "I called both of them they said they'd meet us there." Will says before putting his trainers on. "Cool" Eleven says, Will raises his eyebrows and Mike chuckles as Eleven smiles proud of her discovered word. They then went outside Mike closed the door behind them. "Shoot I didn't bring my bike." Mike remembers. "You can use Jonathan's bike it's kinda big though" Will says. "Maybe we should just walk it, it's not that far" Mike says. "Yeah you're right."

The kids walked down the street, Eleven listened to Mike and Will's conversation. The loud noises of the cars and motorbikes on the street startled Eleven, "I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win the next game of D&D" Will says. "That's total Bull, Will" Mike says, Mike then looks at Eleven. "You okay El?" he asks. Friends don't lie, friends don't lie Eleven remembered in her head. "I'm scared.." Eleven whispered quietly to Mike. "What of?" Mike wonders, Will walks in front of them. "It's loud.." She replies quietly. "It's okay, it'll be less loud when we're at the park okay?." Mike assures, A group of teenagers walked past them which startled Eleven, she held Mike's hand, which made Mike flutter, Mike and Eleven never really held hands in public, "I still can't believe Jennifer cried at my funeral." Will says. "That was a year ago and it wasn't a real funeral you're still alive." Mike says, Will chuckled.

"Well anyways it proves that if I was to die she would cry" Will says. A couple minutes later they arrived at the park, Will raised his eyebrow when he finally realised Eleven and Mike were holding hands, he didn't comment but smiled. They then met up with Lucas and Dustin who were sitting on their bikes.