Pop!

"So how was it?" My mom asked me.

I literally shoved my face into the bowl of cereal. I wasn't in the mood for one of her conversations, especially after being played last night. I truly didn't know if she meant any harm by it. Maybe she really did want to pray for me. Or, maybe she was playing the fish and the fisherman trick. She wanted to trap me in her net. She wanted to lure me in.

"It was okay." I said while the sugary cereal ran down my face. I took my jacket sleeve and wiped my face. 

I had to be crazy thinking that a church girl would like a stud. I had to be crazy thinking she would like a girl period.

"Well," My mom turned around and placed the pan of eggs back on the stove, "I hoped those girls rubbed off you." She walked towards me and pulled the hoodie off my head. "You should've let them do something with this hair of yours." She ran her hand over my head.

"Yeah." I laughed, "Cut it off."

My momma slapped the back of my head and my chin landed in my cereal bowl.  

"Damn ma!" 

She slapped the back of my neck. It was a loud POP noise.

"What you say!"

"Dang momma! I said dang!"  I said as I rose my head from the bowl again.

"Next time its going to be the frying pan.." She threw some eggs on my plate. 

I wiped my chin with my jacket sleeve and laughed.

"Isn't that the jacket I bought you?" 

I looked down at it. "Yes mam."

She rolled her eyes at me.

 "The girls love ..." I caught myself before I finished the next sentence. I was going to say the girls love my jacket.

"Stop rubbing your jacket on your face." She yelled. "Acting like a child."

"I am your child." I  smiled. 

I stood up and grabbed my book bag. 

I began to walk towards the door when my mom yelled "Push your chair in!"

I came back and slid my chair under the table. "Yes mam mother. Anything for you mam. I am your slave." 

We both laughed together and I headed towards the door again. Just as I was walking out of the door the bus left me. It zoomed by, leaving a cloud of black smoke. I honestly didn't like to ride the bus anyway. The only reason I wanted to ride was because it was cold. I stuffed my hands in my pockets as the I huffed out cold air. I didn't live far from the school anyway. 

I arrived at the prison, the city called "school". Instead of going to the cafteria before annoucements, I just went to my class instead. I sat in the back looking at all the idiots I had to deal with for more than 6 hours. After becoming paranoid and digusted with my classmates, the teacher finally came in.

"Good morning class." He said to us.

No one responded, and someone threw paper at him.

"Before we start reading out of the book, which non of you have," He slightly rolled his eyes at us, "I would like to introduce a new student to you. She's been private schooled, and I want you all to show her what a wonderful school district we are. Tell them your name honey." He patted her on the back and went to his desk.

She clinched her books tightly in front of her. She cleared her throat, "My name's La'toya."

"Well welcome to the class La'toya. Why don't you go find a seat." 

My.. mouth.. dropped..

She looked around the class. There were a couple of seats in the front. I pulled out my phone and quickly looked at my desk.

"No phones." The teacher groaned out from behind his Macbook. I could hear steps coming closer, but I didn't dare look. I slid deeper into my desk and put my hood on.

"Annnnd," The teacher elongated out, "No hoods." He said.

I lifted my head up to glance at him. He was staring right at me. I kicked the leg of the chair in front me, and looked back at my phone. "This blows!" I said. I looked up again and saw La'Toya. She sat in front of me. I didn't speak. I was salty. Before I could put my headphones in she turned around.

"Hey you!" She touched my arm.

I couldn't believe it. Little miss home school was in my class.

**** COMMENT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. ADD MY NEWEST WORK CALLED "I'm Not Him" !!****