School Schmool (Part 1/2)

I came home that afternoon and my mom wasn't home. I went to bed with my head phones in my ears.

I drifted away easily.

I woke up to my mom yelling "My Baby!" She saw my eye that morning. I tried to avoid her at all cost.

She snatched me out of bed by my jacket and began touching my face. "You got into a fight yesterday? What I told you about fighting?" She started jumping to conclusions.

"I wasn't fighting." I walked to the kitchen and sighed out slinging the cereal box on the table. I opened the fridge promptly . "It's okay ma."

My mom stepped back away from me with her hands on her hip.

"You throwing food I work hard for now?" She tilted her head at me and looked at me like I was stupid. "IF you weren't fighting then how you got a black eye Samone?"

"It's Sam." I corrected her.

"Did I name you Sam, Samone?"

I started giving up. I didn't feel like fighting with her this morning. "No Maam." I tried to answer calmly.

"So, stop calling yourself that. You are not a boy."

"Here we go." I said throwing up my hands up and kicking the leg on the table.

"Who hit you?"

"Nobody."

"Who.. Hit.. You." She said in a more menacing voice.

I didn't respond to her.

"I wish you would get out my face." I thought to myself.

"You better be glad I gotta work today. " She opened the fridge and grabbed a plate of left overs already covered in foil. "I sure would go up to the school and ask ALL your teachers.

"I'm not five." I remarked.

"I don't care how old you are! You're still my child."

I shut up after that. I was surprised my mom was claiming me. She hadn't called me hers since I came out the closet. I didn't want to stress her out before she went to work. My mom had been working two jobs since my dad left us.

She sat the plate on the table and kissed my forehead.

"Now why don't you go get dressed Samone." She said in a more nurturing voice.

"Yes maam." I said softly.

I didn't feel like going to school, but I knew if she found out I didn't go, all hell would break loose. I went to my room and looked at my clock. It was five thirty a.m. I usually didn't get up until at least six thirty.

Just when I was about to lay down I heard, "And you better not lay back down either!"

I threw my pillow against the wall and went to watch her leave the driveway. She blew the horn, and I waved from the living room window. Today was going to be a long day.. I could already tell. I showered shortly, and threw on the nearest clothes I could fine. I grabbed some "not so fresh" grey sweat pants and a white tee shirt. I grabbed my sneakers and sat on the couch and waited for the bus to come. I guess being early had some benefits. I wouldn't have to freeze today. I locked the door as the bus stopped at the stop sign.

As much as I wanted to be unnoticed today, I knew that would be quite impossible. I was fair skinned and the bruise on my eye was as purple as a grape. I took a deep breath as I walked through the front doors of my high school.

I kept my head down and tried to navigate through school without being noticed. I didn't want anyone to see my eye. I quickly made it to my first class and sat in the back with my hood on.

**COMMENT FOLLOWED AFTER YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTA @_papi_suave 

FEEL FREE TO CASH APP ME 1$  cash.me/app/NRWQLBQ **