Chapter 4 ~ My Sleepover in a Firehouse

It was dark and cold in the firehouse as I sat down on the wooden floor, my back pressed against the wall. Shadows seemingly jumped out at me from every corner. I pulled my worn denim jacket tighter around me as a gust of cold air blew into the tiny building. Well, it could be worse, I suppose. At least there's no walkers in here... I looked over to the door at the Alpha Wolf.

His long dark hair hung in his face as he peeked out one of the windows to look down below. The dusty black jacket he'd been wearing was now covered with fresh blood from the walkers but otherwise, he was fine. I didn't know if that was a bad thing or a good thing. If he died, I'd be able to escape but...if he died, I'd be on my own again. Yes, I was his captive but at least I wasn't alone like I'd been these past few weeks. Still, he is my kidnapper though...

The floorboards squeaked as his long legs strode across the room to me. His gun was now set firmly in his holster but I was still wary. I gazed up at his towering figure.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned.

His cocoa-brown eyes bored into mine before he finally answered.

"Nowhere tonight," he smirked as he sat down across from me, resting his back against one of the red brick pillars closest to me in the middle of the room, "Too many walkers on the road at this time,"

I rolled my eyes at his answer.

"You know what I mean. Where are you taking me? Why did you kidnap me?" I asked again, crossing my arms.

"Did you really think we'd let you escape when you know so much about us? We weren't going to let you go so easily..." he retorted.

His boot was touching mine now, he was so close to me. I shoved it away with my foot and he chuckled, making me shiver. Why did I do it? I shrugged it off. It was just the cold making me shiver, nothing more.

"Besides, my boys and I found a nice little place to live...lots of houses, ammo...food..." he trailed off before resuming, "You might as well help out..."

"Why would I help the Wolves? All they do is lie, steal, and murder. I don't want to be apart of that-" I started, trying to keep my voice level.

"-but you already are, Angel. You have been since the day we took you in,"

"We? I don't even remember you being there!"

He shrugged his shoulders and leaned his head back against the pillar.

"I was busy making sure a man with a stick didn't interfere with us," he said, licking his dry lips.

I ignored the feeling that bubbled up inside me when he did that.

"A man with a stick?" I arched an eyebrow.

It was his turn to roll his eyes.

"I never knew his name, Angel Dixon,"

"What's yours?" I asked abruptly.

A confused expression crossed his face, an expression I didn't even know he possessed.

"My what?" he asked, those dark eyes watching my every move.

"Your name. You know mine. It would be nice to know my captor's," I countered.

He bit his lip before chuckling.

"Owen," he answered, getting up from the floor to walk over to a crumpled pile of old gray blankets beside oxygen masks that lay on a table.

They must have belonged to the firemen that had worked here before. His boots scuffed across the floor to me. He threw one of the blankets towards me and I caught it in my hands.

"Owen what?" I asked, situating the blanket over my tiny frame.

He walked over to where he'd sat before and lied down on the floor, pulling a blanket up over him.

"Owen is all you need to know, Dixon..." he said, trailing off as he drifted off to sleep.

I sighed and lied down, mimicking his actions. The sound of walkers moaning and crickets chirping outside lulled me to sleep then, my eyes fluttering closed.