chapter 8

Mei kneeled to McCree. "Are you okay?" The cowboy smiled with red teeth, "What are you doing here?" "I was helping the robots down the street." "I live there..." Mei took out the needle from her satchel and put it into McCree's leg. "This may hurt a bit." "I didn't even feel a thing." Mei sighed, "That's not what I meant..." McCree quickly grabbed his neck as a searing pain erupted, then grew, spreading through his body. It felt like his chest was being stabbed, and his mouth burning. The cowboys wounds started to heal and the blood in his mouth was disolving as the pain slowly went away. "Stay put. I'll be back." Mei marched off. McCree turned his head, blurred vision watching her run off. Moments later, he was out.
-later in Mei's lab place thing-
He woke on a cot, wearing nothing but his boxers. Luckily there was still a blanket covering him and his metal arm was fixed again. He looked over and saw a robot peering through a magazine. "Aye. Sir, where are we?" The robot peered over Jesse, then turned its head all the way, "Ah, Jesse McCree, you're awake. While you were out I took the liberty of finding you a new outfit and containing your items in a box next to them." McCree recalled his last few thoughts. "Mei?" "Mei is in the lab. She would like to see you as soon as possible." McCree quickly dressed in a black v-neck and black shorts. He grabbed the box and his hat then continued out. If he could remember, her lab was around the corner from the rec room. The cowboy put on his hat and entered the chilly. "Mei? You in here." Mei looked up from a large pile of paper and a weird machine with a ball of light circulating around it. "You good?" McCree nodded. "What happened?" "I got a supoort truck from here and picked you up. Speaking of that, tell me when your ready to go home. And... what happened with you?"
McCree thought to himself about what happened. And why it happened, debating of he should tell her the truth or not. But before he could even open his mouth,"Is it because of Hanzo? I mean. You like him right?"
The cowboy gave her a surprised expression. "Oh, don't worry, no ones around to hear it." "No its not that it's-" "The fact I know your into men? Especially him. And his brother wasn't happy with that. So now, he wants to kill you since you hung around him too much'." "How'd you know all that?" "Hanzo told me about his brother and himself. But your attraction to him? That part was obvious."
McCree questioned her without words. "During our mission, you always did this weird laugh when he said something or congratulated him at everything. Then when I came around you'd always try to 'play it cool', to make it seem like you weren't flirting."
The cowboy sat silent. "I don't mind it. It's actually really cute." McCree covered his face. "C-can we just go? I'm. Kinda hungry." "Sure. Let me get my equipment on." Mei threw her lab jacket off and put her coat on, clipping on her freeze gun. "Okay."