Part 3

I stood there staring at Swayam's retreating figure, I don't know how much time has passed, but I couldn't move my legs, he walked away from me one more time. He didn't care how easily he broke my heart. I never confessed my feelings to him, I know he will never love me like the way I do. I know him better than he knows himself. He is the man of his words, once he told me that a friendship could never turn into love. A boy and girl can be friends forever. He used to fight with me for that. Even though we are married, he never changed his perceptions.

Nevertheless, the reality was scary. Our friendship turned into love... At least from my side. If I confess that I love him, he will leave me for sure; after all, I broke his trust. I never told him that I married him because of my own selfish reasons; I think I would have wanted that way. He will hate me as soon as he hears my selfish needs. At this time, I am his wife that is enough for me.

Without my own knowledge, my hand went to my neck; it's still burning, but that pain has a pleasure. I smiled at the memory, but that smile soon was replaced by a frown when that jia's face came in front of my eyes. I shake my head vigorously to get rid of that face, but it was not going. It's still there. Whatever that jia was, she will be always his first and last love. I don't know why was he that hurt yesterday, but I can swear he was hurt beyond limits, he needed to let it out so he chooses me, I am glad at least he knew that I will be available for him anytime. A lone tear trickled through my cheeks. I could taste the salty taste in my lips now. However, I wiped that in a moment, when I heard what I have feared.

"Swayam"

Jia's creepy voice interrupted my thoughts.

"What do you want?"

I asked her in my usual arrogant tone.

"I want to meet swayam"

Her guts, I fisted my palms tightly to control my anger. My own nails pricked through my skin. It did not even pain a little, it's nothing compared to what I feel inside.

"Don't you think it's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's so wrong in that? I'm his girlfriend"

She said with a smirk. That angered me up, how much I wanted to slap that smirk of her beautiful face oopppss from that yucky face.

"And I'm his wife" even I was not ready to lose.

"Who cares?"

I desperately wanted to twist her neck. Suddenly she moved forward and tried to enter into my house, and I did what I thought a minute ago. I got hold of her hairs and pulled her out of my house. She cried at her top of her voice. I smirked. My smile widened. I never thought hurting her would give me this happiness, Ecstasy. I mentally slapped my shoulder out of proud. Good job Sharon. I completely pulled her out, pointed my index finger at her face, and said.

"I don't know, why swayam was hurt at that level, that he couldn't even control himself, if I get to know that you were the reason, then you dirty girl you will regret coming into my Swayam's life,... Scratch that... you will regret coming into this earth. I will make your life worthless. Now get out of my house."

She stared at me as if I had gone crazy, with a little threat to punish me she ran out.

I released my breath once she was out of my sight, which I was holding I did not know that I was holding it. Even though I shouted at her, I couldn't believe that I really did that. However, a small fear crept inside me. Will swayam shout at me for this?

Don't worry Sharon, he will not. She needed that. Someone told me inside my head. That made me smile; with a satisfaction, I went to our bedroom to get ready for work.

While I was searching my dress I got hold of something very precious, my diary.

**************************************

The dairy had so many memories of swayam and Sharon, their childhood memories. If swayam have heard, what she whispered when he stormed out of the house, then this dairy would have become the only secret, which she ever had from swayam, but unfortunately, he did not. The diary was a secret of Sharon, which is a complete evidence of their childhood, friendship; she loves those memories, which made their bond stronger. We will never realize the value of an incident until it becomes a memory. She turned the pages with a sweet smile playing on her lips. The first page had their name together "SWARON" with a heart around it. That made her smile wider. "I love you swayam," she said without noticing someone's presence. She then continued to cherish those beautiful memories. Her fingers worked flawlessly in the pages she flipped them with an easiness.

One picture caught her eyes, a cute little swayam and Sharon with a big white teddy bear. She still remembers those days when she used to get jealous and possessive for swayam. She used to cry every single day if she had seen swayam with any other girls...she was not aware what was that but she never liked any girl other than Sharon near him. She used to sit with a scrunched nose every time she was upset and he would come and give her a teddy bear with a kiss in the cheeks and then that would light up her face like the moon...she used to blush without showing him. She never realized what was in his eyes when he looks at her, but she always wanted to see the love in those...

When she turned thirteen, like every teenage girl he became her crush, she worshipped him. She adored him. She loved him. However, she was sure as white that he does not have any feelings towards her. Nevertheless, that never disappointed her until the time he started to ignore her. She tried to ask him why he is behaving weird, but he never gives any of those replies... He loved to walk away like he did today. She chuckled at the memory. On her seventeenth birthday, she realized what he was for her. Her mentor, her best friend, her guide, her teacher, he was everything that she could ask for. More than that, he was the man of her dreams, her love. Even though she was her best friend, she loved him with everything she has. She dreamt a life with him.

Nevertheless, when she realized that love is not something that we could snatch from someone, she tried to forget him; she tried to see him as a friend only. However, she failed miserably every night his eyes reminded her that she still love him. He has broken her heart many times, but that was unintentional. He would have never done that if he had a single idea about her feelings, she never confessed to him. Nor she ever complained about anything. When he told her about Jia, she could see that her life, her dreams everything was slipping from her hands, but she was not ready for begging. Why would she do that?... She is not someone who will feel weak within a second..She fought...not for him ...she fought against her feelings... She tried to fight against her own self, but that was not easy. Then she left every hope ...everything to fate, to destiny... He never treated her more than a friend. He was very blind, he never saw the love in Sharon's eyes, and she always managed to mask it.

***********************************

Apparently some time has passed. Sharon got ready for work and she went without knowing that swayam has already reached in the house.

When she came back, she heard noises from the living room, when she entered, she saw swayam was sitting on the couch and watching TV, but he looked so drained out. So weak. His eyes were puffy ...as if he was crying. Sharon frowned at the thought of Swayam was crying. Without knowing, he moved towards her and she moved towards him. They both didn't know what they are doing. When they reached face to face, a small smile appeared on her face and his face lightens up. His eyes showed a kind of happiness. It showed relief. Without any warning, he pulled her toward him with a force that they both fell on the couch with Sharon on the top of swayam. They stayed like that for two-three seconds. After that Sharon tried to wriggle in his hold, but how much she tries, he tightens his hold. He was not moving, nor allowed her to move. He held her like his life depends on it. He held her tightly as if, if he did loosen a little bit, she will disappear. Once again, Sharon tried to move away from him, but his next words caught her off guard.

"P please Sharon stay...s stay like tthis for some ttime" his voice was so low and he was stuttering if she was not this much close to him then she would not hear what he said.

She laid there on him without caring anything about the world. When her breath becomes steady, swayam stood up with a sleeping Sharon in his hands. He scooped her in bridal style. Then he moved towards their bedroom slowly without waking her up. He kicked open the door, placed Sharon softly in the bed, and covered her with a blanket. He moved inside the cover and placed his hand on her waist. He hugged her from the back. Soon they fell into deep sleep.